Unbelievable restoration going on - STT link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbelievable restoration going on - STT link

Not everyone visits the Studebaker Truck Talk forum, so the opportunity to see some pretty impressive things are missed. STT member named Studebakerkid2000 is restoring his grandfather's 1935 Ace truck. Isn't done, but the amount and type of work is amazing - well worth the read. He has quite a few photos to illustrate his work. Photo below is one example of his work (size on other site is smaller with easier to see)...

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/stud...ay-t23164.html

Very interesting. The guy is quite a craftsman. That truck will surely be something to be proud of, when finished. Parts of his commentary talk about the tough life that the truck had in its working days. It was often overloaded, and used on roads that were in bad condition.

Comment

That is going to be a very nice truck. I am impressed by the skill of the owner in refurbishing these abused parts. I love reading about this type of restoration.
      Last edited by 52-fan; 01-11-2019, 07:33 PM.
      sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Great story. I need to continue following this project. A man of many talents and obviously a man who will wait as long as it takes to find the right part. It is going to be quite a truck when finished. Wow!

Comment

That finished wheel is a work of art.
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Working...
          X