64 R1 Daytona Sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 R1 Daytona Sedan

What value is this at approx $USD 35,000, looks good though.

https://www.tradeuniquecars.com.au/d...daytona-667590

Thanks

I'm curious about an Immaculate restoration with a 4 speed, automatic overdrive transmission?
    Evan Davis
    Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Originally posted by fargoguy View Post
      I'm curious about an Immaculate restoration with a 4 speed, automatic overdrive transmission?
      I'm pretty sure I remember this car on eBay probably five or more years ago. It was nice, on blackwall tires then, and whomever was the winning bidder decided to do a full-restoration or close to it.

I actually bid on the car--I think up to $7,500. I want to say it went for something like $8,700 but I shouldn't be quoted on that.
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      (formerly Greenville, PA)
      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
      All are in Australia now

Comment

A very nice car with limited modifications to truly being restored, but, IMO, WAY too much money primarily due to too many doors.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
          A very nice car with limited modifications to truly being restored, but, IMO, WAY too much money primarily due to too many doors.
          gotta agree with Gary
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

If it were a R-2 with the proper Power-Shift, it would be worth it for years of entertainment at the PSMCDs
            Too expensive already, to upgrade though, ...unless of course one is loaded with dough.

Comment

Nice Car But Price Not Realistic

I really really like 1964 Daytona Sedans --

This is a nice one -- the R1 engine makes it very desirable -- but the price in USD at around $35K is about three times what it is worth in my humble opinion --
              Bill Jackameit
              1964 Challenger Wagonaire
              1964 Daytona Sedan
              Total of 10 Studebakers owned since 1961
              Bill Jackameit's Studebaker Page online since October 1995
              https://billstudepage.homestead.com/files/studpg.htm

sigpic

Comment

We really can't tell if this Daytona has the Factory H.D. Flight-O-Matic, and the Ad is the typical copied from another or defaulted to 4 Speed Overdrive or it is REAL, by some kind of magic using the stock shifter.

It resembles this Car that was here in the States:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Daytona Sedan Bordeau Red R1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	1724883 I found Nannup, WA Australia on Google in Southwest AU, but never could figure out what Provence WA is, probably NOT Washington!

Ya know, that big Diaphragm gizmo added to the Right inner fender resembles a Propane Vaporizer, it also has a Gas line, so it MAY be Dual Fuel Propane/Gasoline!
                Last edited by StudeRich; 01-08-2019, 05:38 PM.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by fargoguy View Post
                  Mr. Tanner (owner) states that PO stateside converted it to a GM 700R4 and that it runs 60 mph at 1,500 RPM, AC on 18-19 mpg. The GM tranny is a Deal breaker for me....
                  Last edited by Bo Markham; 01-08-2019, 08:08 PM.
                  Bo

Comment

The car is in Nannup, Western Australia.
                    I guess that would rule out most who won't ship from the next state .
                    I have seen it a few times in the past. A very impressive car.
                    pb

Comment

Rich,

Just wondering if you have any information on the car that you pictured. The reason I ask is the similarity to a car that belonged to the K2 ski dowager, which had been on Vashon Island for it's whole life, until about three or four years ago when it was sold.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Markham View Post
                        Mr. Tanner (owner) states that PO stateside converted it to a GM 700R4 and that it runs 60 mph at 1,500 RPM, AC on 18-19 mpg. The GM tranny is a Deal breaker for me....
                        I am in the process of restoring a '63 Daytona Wagonaire: red, blk and white interior, 3rd row seat, roof rack. 289, etc. Very nice car. And I'm switching out the Flightomatic for a 700R4. When finished, the car will look 100% stock. I may also use Turner disc brakes on the front, and electronic ignition. These small modifications in my opinion do not detract from it's "Studebaker-ness" in any way-- no one can see them, but the car will be safer, more economical, more fuel efficient, and longer-lasting. Why would this be a "deal-breaker" for anyone? Just curious...
                        1950 Commander Land Cruiser
                        1951 Champion Business Coupe
                        1951 Commander Starlight
                        1952 Champion 2Dr. Sedan
                        1953 Champion Starlight
                        1953 Commander Starliner
                        1953 2R5
                        1956 Golden Hawk Jet Streak
                        1957 Silver Hawk
                        1957 3E5 Pick-Up
                        1959 Silver Hawk
                        1961 Hawk
                        1962 Cruiser 4 speed
                        1963 Daytona Convertible
                        1964 Daytona R2 4 speed
                        1965 Cruiser
                        1970 Avanti

Comment

Originally posted by drrotor View Post
                          I am in the process of restoring a '63 Daytona Wagonaire: red, blk and white interior, 3rd row seat, roof rack. 289, etc. Very nice car. And I'm switching out the Flightomatic for a 700R4. When finished, the car will look 100% stock. I may also use Turner disc brakes on the front, and electronic ignition. These small modifications in my opinion do not detract from it's "Studebaker-ness" in any way-- no one can see them, but the car will be safer, more economical, more fuel efficient, and longer-lasting. Why would this be a "deal-breaker" for anyone? Just curious...
                          Hey, I like the 700R4 myself, have two vehicles in the driveway so equipped right now. One has 563,456 miles on it, never any trans problems.
                          But as I mentioned in post #6 above, at that price my only interest in it would be as a PSMCD (PURE STOCK Muscle Car Drag racer) that would be the only reason I could see to ever justify spending $35k on a '64 Studebaker 4door.
                          For that kind of outlay, I'd want some real pleasure and notice for my buck.
                          And having a 700R4 would immediately disqualify it for Pure Stock racing, and finding and rebuilding a proper Studebaker PowerShift would run $$$$ more. Other than that use this Daytona would to me, only be a rather odd garage queen waiting to be sold or traded for something less rare. And I love the 1964 Daytona's. Have owned four 2dr Hardtops, two presently.

Comment

When this car was on eBay a few years back, I seem to remember that the original owner was a woman, and I'm thinking she had owned it a good while.
                            Bill Pressler
                            Kent, OH
                            (formerly Greenville, PA)
                            Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                            Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                            1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                            1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                            All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                              We really can't tell if this Daytona has the Factory H.D. Flight-O-Matic, and the Ad is the typical copied from another or defaulted to 4 Speed Overdrive or it is REAL, by some kind of magic using the stock shifter.

It resembles this Car that was here in the States:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78008[/ATTACH] I found Nannup, WA Australia on Google in Southwest AU, but never could figure out what Provence WA is, probably NOT Washington!

Ya know, that big Diaphragm gizmo added to the Right inner fender resembles a Propane Vaporizer, it also has a Gas line, so it MAY be Dual Fuel Propane/Gasoline!
                              The diaphragm gizmo is a remote brake booster.

Comment

Working...
                              X