No announcement yet.

Green Mist '63 GT on eBay last week...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Mist '63 GT on eBay last week...

from New Mexico..does anybody know what it went for? Sure looked pretty to me, despite the '62 wheel covers. Beautiful green vinyl interior with white inserts. I'm liking more and more, the factory colors others think aren't that great, mainly because...hey, they're not white, black, or red!

I emailed the seller and asked several questions, and got a prompt response; however, he didn't answer a few of my questions.

I swore the car was bid to $10K one night, and down to $8,600 the next day. I asked if a bid was retracted; seller never answered.

Just curious...I thought it was a real pretty car.

Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Bill- For future reference, you can find out if a bid was retracted by clicking on the number of bids next to "history". That will show any bid that was retracted, along with the reason why given.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Bill- For future reference, you can find out if a bid was retracted by clicking on the number of bids next to "history". That will show any bid that was retracted, along with the reason why given.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Bill,
        Now I'm embarrassed I restored my car in red, white and black! By the way, isn't your '63 white with red?
        Dave
        quote:Originally posted by Bill Pressler

from New Mexico..does anybody know what it went for? Sure looked pretty to me, despite the '62 wheel covers. Beautiful green vinyl interior with white inserts. I'm liking more and more, the factory colors others think aren't that great, mainly because...hey, they're not white, black, or red!

I emailed the seller and asked several questions, and got a prompt response; however, he didn't answer a few of my questions.

I swore the car was bid to $10K one night, and down to $8,600 the next day. I asked if a bid was retracted; seller never answered.

Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH

Comment

Bill,
          Now I'm embarrassed I restored my car in red, white and black! By the way, isn't your '63 white with red?
          Dave

Bill Pressler
          Kent, OH

Comment

I've never seen that color on a GT Hawk before, really not even a fan of green, but must I must say that it "fits" very well. Ought to be a real looker in person.

Chris Pile
            StudeFolk Manager
            http://tiny.cc/RYqAK
            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I've never seen that color on a GT Hawk before, really not even a fan of green, but must I must say that it "fits" very well. Ought to be a real looker in person.

Chris Pile
              StudeFolk Manager
              http://tiny.cc/RYqAK
              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Sold for $12,700

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...mZ300196769153

JDP/Maryland
                63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                spent to date $54664,75
                64 R2 GT (Sid)
                spent to date $62,839.60
                63 Lark 2 door
                57 wagon
                51 Commander
                39 Coupe express
                39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Sold for $12,700

JDP/Maryland
                  63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                  spent to date $54664,75
                  64 R2 GT (Sid)
                  spent to date $62,839.60
                  63 Lark 2 door
                  57 wagon
                  51 Commander
                  39 Coupe express
                  39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks JDP for the amount, and also to Bob (bams50)--there were indeed two retractions, by the same bidder. Looks like a nice car for that money to me, maybe a tad high? JDP, what's your take?

Dave, are you the Dave who lives in my general area that has a '60 Lark convertible? I've heard it's a beaut! Yes, my car is the ubiquitous Ermine White with red vinyl interior w/matching inserts. I like it, but it seems like half of Stude's '60's production was that color (with black, then red, right behind!)

Bill Pressler
                    Kent, OH

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Sold for $12,700

JDP/Maryland
                    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                    spent to date $54664,75
                    64 R2 GT (Sid)
                    spent to date $62,839.60
                    63 Lark 2 door
                    57 wagon
                    51 Commander
                    39 Coupe express
                    39 Coupe express (rod)

Bill Pressler
                    Kent, OH
                    All are in Australia now

Comment

Thanks JDP for the amount, and also to Bob (bams50)--there were indeed two retractions, by the same bidder. Looks like a nice car for that money to me, maybe a tad high? JDP, what's your take?

Dave, are you the Dave who lives in my general area that has a '60 Lark convertible? I've heard it's a beaut! Yes, my car is the ubiquitous Ermine White with red vinyl interior w/matching inserts. I like it, but it seems like half of Stude's '60's production was that color (with black, then red, right behind!)

Bill Pressler
                      Kent, OH

Sold for $12,700

JDP/Maryland
                      63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                      spent to date $54664,75
                      64 R2 GT (Sid)
                      spent to date $62,839.60
                      63 Lark 2 door
                      57 wagon
                      51 Commander
                      39 Coupe express
                      39 Coupe express (rod)

Bill Pressler
                      Kent, OH
                      All are in Australia now

Comment

Note that there were eight bids in the last few minutes of the auction with the winning bid coming in in the last five seconds. Looked like a battle of sniper programs and last minute bidders.

Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Note that there were eight bids in the last few minutes of the auction with the winning bid coming in in the last five seconds. Looked like a battle of sniper programs and last minute bidders.

Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Yes Bill, I looked your car over at Ted's garage last year while there was a brake job going on. Nice skytop! Just kidding about your current color scheme, btw. Once you go green, though...well, you know the rest. Ha! You may be right about the color percentage, but it seems like every original car part for sale is blue or green to me! I'll just have to clash with a green car if you get one, my friend.
                            Can't wait for dry, warm weather to put the top down...........
                            Bill Pressler
                            Kent, OH

Sold for $12,700

JDP/Maryland
                            63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                            spent to date $54664,75
                            64 R2 GT (Sid)
                            spent to date $62,839.60
                            63 Lark 2 door
                            57 wagon
                            51 Commander
                            39 Coupe express
                            39 Coupe express (rod)

Comment

Yes Bill, I looked your car over at Ted's garage last year while there was a brake job going on. Nice skytop! Just kidding about your current color scheme, btw. Once you go green, though...well, you know the rest. Ha! You may be right about the color percentage, but it seems like every original car part for sale is blue or green to me! I'll just have to clash with a green car if you get one, my friend.
                              Can't wait for dry, warm weather to put the top down...........
                              Bill Pressler
                              Kent, OH

Sold for $12,700

JDP/Maryland
                              63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                              spent to date $54664,75
                              64 R2 GT (Sid)
                              spent to date $62,839.60
                              63 Lark 2 door
                              57 wagon
                              51 Commander
                              39 Coupe express
                              39 Coupe express (rod)

Comment

Working...