Cold Case Help Needed - '61 Lark Regal Hardtop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Case Help Needed - '61 Lark Regal Hardtop

Trying to chase down some Skytops that are not listed on the Registry. Here is a real cold case, a '61 Lark Regal (?) hardtop with V8, white exterior, red/white interior, and black Skytop. Picture below was taken by Leonard Shepherd in 2001 at the Hershey PA swap meet.

Does anyone recognize this car and know the current (or previous) owners:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	61 lark skytop at hershey 2001 from Leonard.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	1759883

We do know that this is not the white '61 Lark hardtop Skytop recently sold by Al Reed of California to Bruce Ellwood in AUS. We are also pretty sure this is not the white '61 Lark hardtop Skytop owned by Will Gish of California from the early '80s to at least 1993 but not 100% positive on that one.

Any help and leads are much appreciated!
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

So we are definitely sure it's not this one? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...highlight=gish

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
      So we are definitely sure it's not this one? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...highlight=gish

Craig
      I am Craig. Look at the differences in the interior, and also the placement of the drivers door mirror.

But the best verification is in post #13 of the thread that you posted the link to. StudeRich posted a pic of Al Reed's (now Bruce Ellwood's) Skytop taken in 1999, note the blue interior. The blue interior was in Al's/Bruce's car in 1999, and was still in it last year when Al sold it to Bruce. The pic I posted was taken at Hershey in 2001, and the interior is red.

Paul
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC

Comment

Funny how the Car in the Post Craig referenced has the Air Cleaner in exactly the same Wrong position as this one! But it is a Blue Interior Car, so probably not it.

Also the Car in this post may have BEEN a Red & White Interior, but appears to have not correct Black & White Seats with Red Door Panels.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Rich, there may be some black down lower (under the white) on the rear seat, but the top of the front and rear seats sure look red on my computer.
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC

Comment

Yeah... they look red to me as well.
            sals54

Comment

Now that the holidays are over, I wanted to bump this thread back up..................
              Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC

Comment

Working...
              X