Nimesh Getting out of Studebakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nimesh Getting out of Studebakers

Was just on E-Bay and Nimesh has parts for sale. Said he is getting out of Studebakers.

Bob Langer
    63 Avanti
    Glenshaw,PA

Bob Langer
    Glenshaw,PA

On EBay he says:
    "I have tons of used, new, and NOS performance and R1,R2, and R3 parts for sale. Please email me or call for your needs as I am making a transition of getting out of Studebakers. You can visit my website at www.solankiperformance.com to see the other products I have for sale."

Too bad,I hate to see anyone move on.

Dick
    Mountain Home, AR
    http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker.htm

Dick
    Mountain Home, AR
    http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker2.htm

Comment

On EBay he says:
      "I have tons of used, new, and NOS performance and R1,R2, and R3 parts for sale. Please email me or call for your needs as I am making a transition of getting out of Studebakers. You can visit my website at www.solankiperformance.com to see the other products I have for sale."

Too bad,I hate to see anyone move on.

Dick
      Mountain Home, AR
      http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker.htm

Dick
      Mountain Home, AR
      http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker2.htm

Comment

Dang, that's awful news! Here's a post from the racing site from just this last Tuesday, 2/12:

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:24 pm Post subject: High Flow Heads

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some flow numbers from today on the prototypes with 1.9" int and 1.65 exh valves.

.200 140 cfm
        .300 193
        .400 238
        .500 276
        .600 278
        .700 286

the numbers are awesome and are in the small block chevy performance level. Exhaust side is almost equally impressive, but will take me a few months to tweak. Just thought you performance guys would enjoy the numbers.

Nimesh, I've never met you, but I hope you change your mind; your good work is surely needed!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Dang, that's awful news! Here's a post from the racing site from just this last Tuesday, 2/12:

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:24 pm Post subject: High Flow Heads

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some flow numbers from today on the prototypes with 1.9" int and 1.65 exh valves.

.200 140 cfm
          .300 193
          .400 238
          .500 276
          .600 278
          .700 286

the numbers are awesome and are in the small block chevy performance level. Exhaust side is almost equally impressive, but will take me a few months to tweak. Just thought you performance guys would enjoy the numbers.

Nimesh, I've never met you, but I hope you change your mind; your good work is surely needed!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Ditto. Between Nemish and Stephen Cade getting out of Studebakers, it's almost like having the rug pulled just as I'm getting started.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Ditto. Between Nemish and Stephen Cade getting out of Studebakers, it's almost like having the rug pulled just as I'm getting started.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Quick, someone loan me some cash!!! [)] [)] [)]

I've got to have one (or more) of these motors before they are 'NLA'!!!
                [V]

StudeDave [8D]
                V/P San Diego County SDC
                San Diego, Ca

www.studebakersandiego.com

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
                '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
                '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
                '57 Parkview (she's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
                '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
                StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                SDC Member since 1985

past President
                Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                San Diego Chapter SDC
                North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Quick, someone loan me some cash!!! [)] [)] [)]

I've got to have one (or more) of these motors before they are 'NLA'!!!
                  [V]

StudeDave [8D]
                  V/P San Diego County SDC
                  San Diego, Ca

www.studebakersandiego.com

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
                  '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
                  '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
                  '57 Parkview (she's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
                  '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                  '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
                  StudeDave '57
                  US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                  SDC Member since 1985

past President
                  Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC
                  North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

quote:Originally posted by stephen cade

Nimesh is supposed to be fitting some flanged axles that he, Kerry Dancy and I had made here in the USA. They're supposed to be better quality than Fairbornes.
                    I'm not sure I "get" this. Have folks been breaking the Fairborne axles?

Here's a relatively low volume part...relatively expensive...took a lot of time and effort to have made. Solves the keyed axle "problem". Made by perhaps the world leader in after market axles (Mosier). Why the heck would somebody come out with a competing product?

I've installed the Fairborne axles. Fit like a glove. Good service. Quick shipping. Work like a charm.

Is there NO other Stude part that could have (should have) been reproduced?

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by stephen cade

Nimesh is supposed to be fitting some flanged axles that he, Kerry Dancy and I had made here in the USA. They're supposed to be better quality than Fairbornes.
                      I'm not sure I "get" this. Have folks been breaking the Fairborne axles?

Here's a relatively low volume part...relatively expensive...took a lot of time and effort to have made. Solves the keyed axle "problem". Made by perhaps the world leader in after market axles (Mosier). Why the heck would somebody come out with a competing product?

I've installed the Fairborne axles. Fit like a glove. Good service. Quick shipping. Work like a charm.

Is there NO other Stude part that could have (should have) been reproduced?

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Well, I bought the blower. I paid $1,000 12 years ago to have mine rebuilt. No HP parts, no beautiful paint. I also bought the power window motors and regulators and I don't have power windows!!! They both seemed like a bargain. Thanks for the heads up, Bob.

ErnieR

Comment

Well, I bought the blower. I paid $1,000 12 years ago to have mine rebuilt. No HP parts, no beautiful paint. I also bought the power window motors and regulators and I don't have power windows!!! They both seemed like a bargain. Thanks for the heads up, Bob.

ErnieR

Comment

I remember a couple years ago Nimesh said that he wasn't going to be doing any more heads, but I see he's still building and selling stuff.

I guess once it gets into you it's hard to get rid of the bug I see Stephen is actually hanging out here and posting so there ya go... probably just decided that vending as a full time job was a PITA but Studebakers are still fun.

I just hope that someone's still doing good heads by the time I have enough $$$ to get 'em done.

nate

--
                            55 Commander Starlight
                            http://members.cox.net/njnagel
                            --
                            55 Commander Starlight

Comment

I remember a couple years ago Nimesh said that he wasn't going to be doing any more heads, but I see he's still building and selling stuff.

I guess once it gets into you it's hard to get rid of the bug I see Stephen is actually hanging out here and posting so there ya go... probably just decided that vending as a full time job was a PITA but Studebakers are still fun.

I just hope that someone's still doing good heads by the time I have enough $$$ to get 'em done.

nate

--
                              55 Commander Starlight
                              --
                              55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Working...
                              X