58 Golden Hawk to be Sold at Auction - 29-December 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 Golden Hawk to be Sold at Auction - 29-December 2018

Here's a lead on a 58 Golden Hawk that appears to be unrestoration with Body work and Motor work done. Interior needs to be finished and as pictures show it appear it is also all there. Auction House info can be found following links on these pictures. Although it is from Southwest Virginia where I was raised I know nothing further oabout the car. Bids will be accepted on line. This is a legitimate Aution House who I have done business with in the past on other i tems.

https://www.auctionzip.com/Full-Image/3205644/fp448.cgi

Call Auction Hose for more information.
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

I'm not familiar with the engine set up for the 58 Golden Hawk. In pictures 10 and 11, would it be normal to see a garden spigot handle next to the supercharger?
    Mark L

Comment

Originally posted by Mark L View Post
      I'm not familiar with the engine set up for the 58 Golden Hawk. In pictures 10 and 11, would it be normal to see a garden spigot handle next to the supercharger?
      NO! It appears to be someone's idea to shut off the hot water to the heater.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

It's not the first time I've seen that done on many makes of cars. As Gary said it is a method used to turn off the water to the heater. It's easily removed if you want to do that.

Comment

OK, sorta makes sense. I spotted another one in both pictures, but easier to see in picture 11. It's just above the generator cooling fan, clearly attached to a valve in the heater hose.
          Mark L

Comment

For those who wanted to know, this 58 Golden Hawk sold yesterday in Abington, Virginia auction for $33,500.00. Happy New year to you and its new owner.

Comment

Working...
            X