No announcement yet.

Studebaker Skytops - Registry Listing and Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the Mecum auction in Florida, there was a 1972 Ventura two door sedan SkyRoof that was no sale at $24K. This GM SkyRoof is like the Studebaker Skytop. This was shortly after a nice 1963 Avanti sold for $19K.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
      At the Mecum auction in Florida, there was a 1972 Ventura two door sedan SkyRoof that was no sale at $24K. This GM SkyRoof is like the Studebaker Skytop.
      Here are some Ventura Skyroof (or SkyRoof, or Sky Roof) pictures from the "Other Vehicles with Fabric Folding Sunroofs" section of the Skytop website:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	other%2772PontiacVenturaIIpic1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	1724840

Click image for larger version

Name:	other%2771PontiacVenturaIISprintwithsunroof.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	1724841

There are a few other Venture pics on the website. The website also has pics of similar sunroofs on Buicks, Novas, and AMCs. Take a Look!
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

I corresponded with a owner selling a 1963 Lark Daytona 4 spd. hardtop Skytop Blue mist back in 1987. It was in California. Restoration process pictures were sent to me in Ohio. The price was 4000 dollars. Ultimately a deal to buy the car was not stuck but I always wondered where it ended up. Sure would be nice to see it today. I recently searched some old boxes but couldn't find the photos or address of the contact. It was in a turning wheels classified ad though so it could be found there if I got ambitious. Sound familiar to anyone that may have bought the car?
        sigpic
        '89 Ford Festiva
        '90 Ford F250 4x4
        '14 Kia Rio
        '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
        '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Thanks David for the post! I'll look at the spreadsheet of all the Skytops that I have info on and see if I can pick this car out. Sounds familiar.

Unfortunately with the move to the new forum software, my nice table of known Skytops got all jumbled up, and this software doesn't "seem" to have all the table features of the previous software -- but I need to work on it more and if needed contact Clark for help. (Maybe I can find some time during our shelter at home period.....although since I have an essential job I'm working from home still.)

DISCLAIMER: I am not bashing the new forum software, it may have as much or more table functionality as the old forum.......I've not had enough time to spend yet to figure it out.
          Last edited by r1lark; 04-08-2020, 02:01 PM. Reason: spellin'
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
            I corresponded with a owner selling a 1963 Lark Daytona 4 spd. hardtop Skytop Blue mist back in 1987. It was in California. Restoration process pictures were sent to me in Ohio. The price was 4000 dollars. Ultimately a deal to buy the car was not stuck but I always wondered where it ended up. Sure would be nice to see it today. I recently searched some old boxes but couldn't find the photos or address of the contact. It was in a turning wheels classified ad though so it could be found there if I got ambitious. Sound familiar to anyone that may have bought the car?
            I wonder if this is the same car discussed a few years ago: https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....82375-lost-car

Craig

Comment

Working...
            X