Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marine Wolf Estate on eBay again

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1934-...em120221186511

The auctioneer still has some cars mis-identified, but there are more pix of parts and other junk. Check the spanking new headlight bar in the box near the bottom of the page.

March 2nd they will start selling this stuff piece by piece on eBay, so if you want any of the Studes - you know what to do.

Chris Pile
    StudeFolk Manager
    http://tiny.cc/RYqAK
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Did the guy liked to sand the paint off and them let them rust or what???!!!

1954 Commander
    1958 Golden Hawk
    1963 Daytona Convertible
    1963 R2 Daytona
    1963 R2 GT Hawk
    1963 R1 Wagonaire
    1963 R4 Avanti
    1964 Champ
    1966 Cruiser

Comment

Did the guy liked to sand the paint off and them let them rust or what???!!!

1954 Commander
      1958 Golden Hawk
      1963 Daytona Convertible
      1963 R2 Daytona
      1963 R2 GT Hawk
      1963 R1 Wagonaire
      1963 R4 Avanti
      1964 Champ
      1966 Cruiser

Comment

The ones outside sat and rusted. Indoors they were protected.

Marine was a dreamer and had no restoration or repair skills to speak of. He depended on a few aquaintances and friends to help, but since he had no plan, no long term memory, or money - little was actually accomplished even though energy was expended.

It's truly sad, as he had plenty of chances to sell this stuff before it starting rotting - but he was still acquiring new stuff right up to the end.

Chris Pile
        StudeFolk Manager
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

The ones outside sat and rusted. Indoors they were protected.

Marine was a dreamer and had no restoration or repair skills to speak of. He depended on a few aquaintances and friends to help, but since he had no plan, no long term memory, or money - little was actually accomplished even though energy was expended.

It's truly sad, as he had plenty of chances to sell this stuff before it starting rotting - but he was still acquiring new stuff right up to the end.

Chris Pile
          StudeFolk Manager

Comment

Isn't against eBay rules to sell cars as a group like that? No way that pile of iron will fetch $185 grand, IMHO.

Seems to me the best way to dispose of this stash would be to have a live, on-location auction, with Internet bidding available. You get people to drive there, with a trailer in tow, chances are they are going to buy something, just to justify the trip. You know, I might go for the Lark convertible or the M truck, find them too pricey, but come home with a Karmann Ghia instead, simply because it was there, and the price was right.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Isn't against eBay rules to sell cars as a group like that? No way that pile of iron will fetch $185 grand, IMHO.

Seems to me the best way to dispose of this stash would be to have a live, on-location auction, with Internet bidding available. You get people to drive there, with a trailer in tow, chances are they are going to buy something, just to justify the trip. You know, I might go for the Lark convertible or the M truck, find them too pricey, but come home with a Karmann Ghia instead, simply because it was there, and the price was right.

Comment

Gord,

I think you can sell a collection like this, but what you can't do is list one item and then mention (or list) other items in your auction in order to sell them.

Decimal Dude (calculating I have a 60% chance of being right)

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
                Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Gord,

I think you can sell a collection like this, but what you can't do is list one item and then mention (or list) other items in your auction in order to sell them.

Decimal Dude (calculating I have a 60% chance of being right)

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

Comment

Chris, I'm skeptical about this deal.

When you brought us this last month, someone hit the BIN. You told us this:

"I talked briefly with the eBay seller this morning, and it seems this was merely a "floater"

Now, the seller says this:

"WE HAD THIS LISTED AND A YOUNG MAN CLICKED ON BUY IT NOW WITHOUT HIS DAD'S PERMISSION (HE WAS ONLY 3 !)"

Sure sounds like the seller is lying... if that's the case- CAVEAT EMPTOR.[xx(]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Chris, I'm skeptical about this deal.

When you brought us this last month, someone hit the BIN. You told us this:

"I talked briefly with the eBay seller this morning, and it seems this was merely a "floater"

Now, the seller says this:

"WE HAD THIS LISTED AND A YOUNG MAN CLICKED ON BUY IT NOW WITHOUT HIS DAD'S PERMISSION (HE WAS ONLY 3 !)"

Sure sounds like the seller is lying... if that's the case- CAVEAT EMPTOR.[xx(]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

The auctioneer is convinced about selling on eBay, despite many folks urging him to advertise in Hemmings, etc.

He really doen't know exactly what he has, especially when it comes to unlabeled stuff in the barn, and misidentified autos.

He hasn't a chance of getting $185,000 in separate auctions.

Chris Pile
                        StudeFolk Manager

Comment

The auctioneer is convinced about selling on eBay, despite many folks urging him to advertise in Hemmings, etc.

He really doen't know exactly what he has, especially when it comes to unlabeled stuff in the barn, and misidentified autos.

Chris Pile
                          StudeFolk Manager

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Chris Pile
                            If that is the case (and people will typically bid up the one item they need/want) why does he think he will get it as a lot? Seems like convoluted logic to me.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Chris Pile
                              If that is the case (and people will typically bid up the one item they need/want) why does he think he will get it as a lot? Seems like convoluted logic to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X