December 2018 Turning Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 2018 Turning Wheels

Just curious if anyone else hasn't got theirs yet. I know the mail is busy for Christmas, but don't recall it being delayed last year
    Money may not buy happiness, but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.

Mine arrived today!
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Mine came over a week ago, regular mail.

Comment

Originally posted by bumpkinvilledano View Post
        Just curious if anyone else hasn't got theirs yet. I know the mail is busy for Christmas, but don't recall it being delayed last year
        If you do not have it by next week, and you are up to date on your dues, request a replacement copy from Cornerstone then.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

We received ours in Canada on Wednesday the 12th.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by bumpkinvilledano View Post
            I received mine probably a little over a week ago. As usual it was folded vertically and this time the cover picture was wrinkled along the fold.
            Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
            '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Nope. Not yet (DC).
              Skip Lackie

Comment

Here in Grimsby Ontario, we received our December issue on December 4. I would check with Cornerstone to get a replacement copy.
                ‚Äč
                Susan Lusted, What's Happening Turning Wheels
                studenews@outlook.com

Comment

Our TW arrived on Dec.7 . That's as good as could be expected even if Canada Post wasn't having backlogs due to labour problems. ANother magazine I get from the U.S. has been running much slower than that.
                  Bill Jarvis

Comment

Originally posted by SusieQ View Post
                    Here in Grimsby Ontario, we received our December issue on December 4. I would check with Cornerstone to get a replacement copy.
                    I got mine Dec 14th in Bengough Sask., not bad after the postal strike.
                    Evan Severson

Comment

not yet in hillsboro tn

Comment

December issue never did arrive, but January issue arrived on 24 December. The changeover to the vertical format did not go well for delivery to our house. Only got 7 of the 12 issues, and one was damaged beyond use. This after ~45 years of membership without ever missing an issue. A .500 batting average would be extraordinary in baseball, but not for magazine delivery.
                        Skip Lackie

Comment

Skip, the problem is in your local Post Office/Sort Center and not a printer mailing issue. Once it leaves the printer where it is placed directly in the USPS it is out of our control. I live 120 miles from you or there about and have gone through two major Sort Center closings in the past 14 months and even though I not get all of my mail from Greensboro NC, I have had absolutely no problems and virtually no delay in delivery. As you know the USPS has automated much of their sort/routing system which has helped a lot but there are still some centers where there are problems one of which is the DC center. Sorry for telling you this but the fact is that's where the problem is.
                          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

I got January's yesterday or earlier. Had no checked my post office box since the 23rd.
                            Mike
                            Fort Worth, TX

1964 Avanti R2 #R-4986

Comment

Early Christmas present in 63119 too; Dec. 24.

Comment

Working...
                              X