Race video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race video

Maybe some of you would like to look at this video on a cold winter day. Here is a video from my race at Edgewater Sports Park in Ohio. I included the trip back on the return road at some time in the pits. It was all stick shift cars and lots of fun. I've never raced there, but I lived nearby and we would go down in the 60's to watch. Going down the track has been something I wanted to do for years. The Street Outlaw guys were there and the track hooked well.
    After that on the video the other race is from a flag race I try to do every year. Everyone made 5 passes and the guy with the most wins gets the trophy. I got beat once by the 1956 Corvette Gasser. I had a better ET and MPH but he jumped the flag and won. It seemed a few guys did that and went off the tree, so I decided to do the same in the last race. I still had a blast.
    Thanks for watching,
    Richard

Last edited by showbizkid; 12-10-2018, 11:22 AM.
    The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Fabulous car. WOW. Looks like a great ride.
    sals54

Comment

Nice videos Richard! You are getting some good rpm out of that engine!
      Neil

1964 Daytona Convertible
      1964 Daytona Hardtop
      1962 Champ Truck
      1957 Golden Hawk

Comment

Thanks for posting, Richard.
        There isn't much that sounds sweeter than a Stude V8 at 6000 rpm. Congrats on your performance.
        Have you pics of your intake? Have you considered a FITech for comparison purposes. We have had great initial success here in Arizona albeit not in race conditions.
        Check out my posts in '59 Cab 259 thread.
        Cheers, Bill

Comment

Very cool. I really like the launch.
          james r pepper

Comment

Thank you, great videos. Bob

Comment

Thanks all,
              It is a lot of fun to let that clutch out and go. I'm just .011 from a 1.4xx 60'. It didn't hook as good at the flag drags.
              I don't know anything about the FITech system I will look it up. Glad you guys liked the videos.
              Maybe too much RPM for a 4" stroke? It was not my intention to take it that high! It hooked and went right down the track, but not as smooth as Robin.
              This is a shot of the intake, it's new for 2018.
              Thanks,
              Richard
              Attached Files
              The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

Thank you. Looks like a Demon-what size? Amazing intake pics. Now I see why you deleted the hood.
                Do you think the electric H2O pump would be streetable?
                Bill

Comment

It's a 750 Mighty Demon. I also have a 750 Speed Demon that's just one step down and is a street strip carb. I'm not sure if the electric pump would work on the street but I never over heat as long as I remember to turn it on! I've had people think it has a blower, and that's even with the hood off, so if it had a hood it would really confuse people. They focus on the intake and the engine so the hood will be off but the aerodynamics are not good.
                  Richard

Comment

Great video,that looks like some serious fun!

Comment

My nephew has wanted to come for a visit and take my Mean Green Challenger to the tracks so we did that at Wagler Motorsports Park in Lyons Indiana. It was the weekend the Southeast Gassers Association was here and they always put on a great show. The Challenger has not been out much and I have been really having a lot of trouble getting off the line without spinning the slicks. You can see that on the first pass on this video as I smoked the slicks. You can see the smoke in the video. Second pass went better after I found the front brakes were dragging and adjusted them. It looks like a master cylinder problem not letting them release. I didn't have enough front brake after the adjustment to hold the line lock so I didn't get a good burnout. They have a long shut down so that went well. After the second pass you see here I tried to get another pass but the front brakes locked up on the pit road and the car would hardly move so I was done for the day.
                      Enjoy, Richard

Comment

Good Grief, Richard; you couldn't hear the announcer when you were in the car, but right at 00.20 in the video, the announcer starts speculating on what engine the Studebaker might have in it! Ford? Chevy?

At least he acknowledges that it might have a Studebaker engine in it...but he finally settles down and says he thinks it must have a Chevy in it!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR BP
                        Last edited by BobPalma; 08-09-2019, 03:38 PM.
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Maybe the announcer ought to learn how to READ:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Flag Drags 2014 156.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	1729127

BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                          X