Packard Hawk SOLD on BaT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packard Hawk SOLD on BaT

Saw this on BaT, sold for a very fair price.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1958-packard-hawk-2/

Click image for larger version

Name:	5becd38d217a2_packard_hawk_1541785311dbffabbf2A77C271A-1B52-4352-B178-7A83B9C5A15C-940x602.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	1759829

Looks nice!.....
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

This automobile looks like a solid survivor. The future owner could make a large profit by reupholstering the interior in factory materials, but that would just seem like a waste. If I were to miraculously possess this one, I'd be sorely tempted to name her "Pauline the Packard!"
      Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post
        This automobile looks like a solid survivor. The future owner could make a large profit by reupholstering the interior in factory materials, but that would just seem like a waste. If I were to miraculously possess this one, I'd be sorely tempted to name her "Pauline the Packard!"
        I would keep the interior. Have you priced a correct repro leather seating area for a Packard Hawk?
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Complete kit from SE Studebaker $5210.00 cash. This Hawk would be well worth anything you put in to it. It's only money, you can't take it with you!
          Attached Files

Comment

Jake,
            [QUOTE]If I were to miraculously possess this one, I'd be sorely tempted to name her "Pauline the Packard![QUOTE]

Don't be shy. I named my '57 Clipper Wagon "Colette the Clipper" in honor of my painter's wife.
            Bill

Comment

Pulling this post. After looking at the photos again, I realized it was not the car from SF. My bad.
              Last edited by hausdok; 12-26-2018, 10:36 PM.
              Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
              Kenmore, Washington
              hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
              '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
              '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
              '69 Pontiac Firebird
              (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

I was surprised that that car didn't go for more than that. It is a beautiful automobile.
                Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser
                Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Would make a nice driver as is or spend a lot of hours detailing and doing small touch up and there is some money to be made. The seats just look like they need the covers removed and foam wrapped and a little leather die.

Comment

A decent original car for a very fair price. The amount needed to bring the car up concourse condition would not be worth the cost. It's a very nice cruise night quality car. IMO the only reason for restoring a car like this would be, if there were major components needed a complete rebuild, and that a low purchase price reflected what was required, or that someone had more money then common sense and he just had to have the best. I know that the first scenario doesn't match the reality, but all bets are off on the second.

Comment

Did you see the PH sold on ebay last week for $5500. Looked like it they try to pick it up from either end it's going to buckle in the center from so much rust.
                      Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
                      Kenmore, Washington
                      hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                      '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                      '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                      '69 Pontiac Firebird
                      (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Working...
                      X