Studebaker Kitty Litter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Kitty Litter

A good way to remove the moisture from your windows is to put kitty litter into a sock and rum away

Rum away???

Comment

My neighbor sent me the link yesterday. It said to put Kitty Litter in a sock, close the end, and tape it to the dash. The litter will absorb the extra moisture inside the car, so the insides of the windows don't freeze over.

Back in 1972 I thought it would be a good idea to light a candle inside my 1965 Corvair while I was inside the store shopping. I figured some extra warmth would be nice when I returned to the car. All it did was create lots of moisture, so I had ice on the inside of the windows.

Comment

Got to add some ice and little Coke-a-cola.....
        Originally posted by tim333 View Post
        Rum away???
        Lou Van Anne
        62 Champ
        64 R2 GT Hawk
        79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
          My neighbor sent me the link yesterday. It said to put Kitty Litter in a sock, close the end, and tape it to the dash. The litter will absorb the extra moisture inside the car, so the insides of the windows don't freeze over.

Back in 1972 I thought it would be a good idea to light a candle inside my 1965 Corvair while I was inside the store shopping. I figured some extra warmth would be nice when I returned to the car. All it did was create lots of moisture, so I had ice on the inside of the windows.
          In college I had a 1965 Corvair 180 hp Turbo Corsa (five year old used car) and during the long Michigan winters I always carried a small ice scraper for the inside of the windows. However the VERY big upside was snowy road travel on I-75 North bound with Goodyear F-70 x 14 studded Polyglass snow tires, 3.55:1 Posi, 4 speed,180 hp and Sunoco Blue 260 gas it was a great time to be young!! Regards Sherm/Green Bay

Comment

Originally posted by firestoper 25 View Post
            In college I had a 1965 Corvair 180 hp Turbo Corsa (five year old used car) and during the long Michigan winters I always carried a small ice scraper for the inside of the windows. However the VERY big upside was snowy road travel on I-75 North bound with Goodyear F-70 x 14 studded Polyglass snow tires, 3.55:1 Posi, 4 speed,180 hp and Sunoco Blue 260 gas it was a great time to be young!! Regards Sherm/Green Bay
            I still have my 1965 Turbo Corsa convertible. Corvairs and Studebakers have always been my favorite cars, and they are both fine automobiles.

Comment

I had a 64 Spider "rag top" in Fort Sill back when, it took a while to get the chill out, but it was a fun car.

Comment

"Damp Away" works wonders...

Comment

Damp Away

Originally posted by 345 DeSoto View Post
                  "Damp Away" works wonders...
                  Even with Damp Away still would be nice to have a little RUM on holidays

Comment

" I always carried a small ice scraper for the inside of the windows."

Same (but for 154 less horses) with my '60 Beetle!

Comment

Being born & grewing up i Stockholm the thing was to first!... start the car, then go around it & remove snow &/or ice to let the engine warm up a wee bit. My pal who was from up north thought that that was like holiday since he was used to put a tincan with burning diesel under the pan & have a cup of cofee before bringing out & install the battery & then try to start the car with a sip in the carb...
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Snowbaker.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	1724519
                      sigpic

Josephine
                      Champion V8
                      4d sedan

Comment

Funny, it must be common to Stude fans. I sold my '65 Corvair Monza, but still have my '63 VW Bugs. I always used a cassette tape case for a widow scraper.
                        sigpic

Comment

I see that '56 Golden Hawk is a typical Hawk, with a bent Hood corner!

I usually use one of those free, wanna-be fake Credit Cards they send you, to clear the Ice.
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I never ran into a problem with interior moisture in my Studebakers. Now my 1964 VW Beetle was a different story. I tended to lean forward while driving this car. And my breath would hit the inside of the windshield and freeze. I would use a credit card to scrape the inside of the windshield.
                            sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                            Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                            "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

And I can remember during the Michigan U.P. winters in our family car, a 1949 Studebaker Champion (with O.D.), my dad saying"no talking till the defroster has the windshield clear and Bud don't sit so close to the defroster vent". Boy those under seat heaters were nice! As a side note it is funny about the Studebaker / Corvair cross over connection.....I would have never guessed that linkage. Regards Sherm / Green Bay

Comment

Working...
                              X