Fantastic GT Hawk Video!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic GT Hawk Video!

While I was making my rounds through the many alleyways of the Internet, I happened to come across this gem. What is the most interesting to me is that this Stude is actually owned by a Chrysler engineer. It proves that there are no real barriers that exist that prevent us doing what we enjoy. Anyway, take a gander for yourself.

Last edited by Stude Shoo-wop!; 06-03-2019, 05:43 PM.
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Thanks for finding and sharing that.
    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1*
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Cool! Good video, nice car. Thanks for posting it.

Comment

That is THE very first time I have EVER seen pictures of a Super Red Super Studebaker that absolutely looks Correct!

Just BEAUTIFUL! All of the others in the internet photos appear to have too much of a Brownish tinge bordering on an Orange tone Red color.
        Maybe that is due to the Lighting at the Muscle Car/Corvette Show.
        It could be that the Cloudy Day, outdoor natural Light Pics help a lot on this one.

It was nice that the owner John D???? threw in a good kudo for Craig Parslow and the Jet Thrust News.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Beautiful Super red color. This was a nice full package car. Looks like he added on many extras. I’m not sure the white vinyl inserts were ordered with it.

Comment

I’m surprised no one has mentioned that John was a past SDC President . This is the 1st time I’ve seen John in years . He also has an extensive Mopar collection I’ve heard ........great video
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Same color code as Avanti red.....7004-BE
              Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              That is THE very first time I have EVER seen pictures of a Super Red Super Studebaker that absolutely looks Correct!

Just BEAUTIFUL! All of the others in the internet photos appear to have too much of a Brownish tinge bordering on an Orange tone Red color.
              Maybe that is due to the Lighting at the Muscle Car/Corvette Show.
              It could be that the Cloudy Day, outdoor natural Light Pics help a lot on this one.

It was nice that the owner John D???? threw in a good kudo for Craig Parslow and the Jet Thrust News.
              Last edited by Hawklover; 12-13-2018, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Thanks, very enjoyable.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your video find...very nice!

Comment

Definitely one of my favorites. Love the car. The video was well done and informative. Rare bird to say the least. Thanks for posting!

Comment

Thanks for the video. That is an excellent Hawk with few incorrect items. I remember the car from years ago and it looks about the same.
                      The last that I knew, John was an engineering manager at Chrysler.
                      As mentioned, John was President of SDC. He was President 1998-2004. I was an SDC Director during his time as President.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Great video, thanks for posting! Beautiful Hawk !
                        -Matt

1963 GT Hawk
                        1960 Metropolitan Convertible
                        1972 AMC Javelin/ AMX
                        1956 Cushman Eagle

Comment

I was having trouble understanding the dialogue so i turned on Closed Captioning which is auto-generated. The CC did get a few words wrong here and there, but when listening to the exhaust burble at idle, the CC indicated [Music] was playing. Beautiful.
                          Cliff
                          54 Commander Coupe driver
                          53 Commander Hardtop project
                          SE Washington State

Comment

Very nice, very beautiful car! Wow.

Thanks for finding and posting.

Mark

Comment

Now this Hawk should serve as the best example for the fellow from Rumson NJ in his effort(s) to restore his GT Hawk....indeed it will be a high bar to exceed.

Comment

Working...
                              X