Member Solictation from another chapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member Solictation from another chapter

Several members of the GSC have received letters inviting them to join another chapter. I think this is in Bad taste. What is the opinion of this solicitation here on the Forum ?

No problem....Not at all....I belong to four Northern CA chapters....
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Comment

Up here in Washington, we have quite a few DUAL Chapter Members, it has not caused a Problem, they COULD later drop out of one or the other and no one would be too upset. We would probably still see them and their Cars at the Zone Meet.

No one ever told them they HAD to cancel the "Other Chapter" Membership.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I also have dual chapter memberships. I see no conflict whatsoever. Even if the chapters have simultaneous meets, you pick the one you want to attend. Paying your dues supports both chapters.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I don't see a problem unless those recruiting for new members suggest that the new potential members leave the chapter they are already members of. I hope that is not what is happening in this case.
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by jts359 View Post
            Several members of the GSC have received letters inviting them to join another chapter. I think this is in Bad taste. What is the opinion of this solicitation here on the Forum ?
            Unless it is suggested that they leave the GSC, I do not see a problem. Many belong to more than one SDC Chapter. SDC Chapters have general areas that they cover, but have never had geographical boundaries.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I belong to two chapters as well. Don't see any issue with an invitation at all.
              Mike
              Fort Worth, TX

1964 Avanti R2 #R-4986

Comment

If a person has the time and resources for more than one, I see no problem. Our chapter has members who belong to more than one chapter. The only problem is when we both have events on the same day. Our chapter has sometimes scheduled meetings just to avoid interfering with another event.
                sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

No big deal. I know of many SDC members who enjoy membership in more than one chapter. Who can complain about loving Studebaker people so much you'd want more of them in your life?
                  The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I belong to two Studebaker chapters and two Avanti chapters and have gone to many Zone meets in the past of chapters I do not belong, all part of being part of a good club.
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

I think that multiple memberships just broadens our friendship base. For some years Mary and I have been members of multiple chapters. We put together joint events that were really well attended. Some chapters invited well, and some not at all. Then it just fizzled. It's really funny how having one or two vocal members pushing back can change the whole character of regional activities. It has always seemed nonsensical to me to not want to get to know one another. It seems that some would just as soon see a chapter fad out of existence, rather then to get together for joint events.

Comment

I belong to three chapters. I seldom get to attend meetings at any of them, but I want to show my support. I also have good friends in each of them. I also try to get my grandchildren involved in anything Studebaker so that the clubs will not die with us old folks.They have been members since they were three and seven years old.

Comment

Working...
                        X