Pre-Sales Inspection Needed West of Indianapolis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Sales Inspection Needed West of Indianapolis

If anybody is located west of Indianapolis (Crawfordsville) , and has the time, I'm considering a 1964 Daytona located there. Since I'm in Southern Maine, I can't get out there in a reasonable time-frame. Glad to reimburse for expenses incurred.

Or, if anybody has used an inspection service near there, I'd be glad to get that referral.

Let me know if interested.

Thanks!
    Tim
    1966 Daytona Sport Sedan - Richelieu Blue

Not me, but we have forum members in Brownsburg & Noblesville about a half hour drive who could probably provide the service. That is if they have the time and are willing. Best wishes for success in your search.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by allen04084 View Post
      If anybody is located west of Indianapolis (Crawfordsville) , and has the time, I'm considering a 1964 Daytona located there. Since I'm in Southern Maine, I can't get out there in a reasonable time-frame. Glad to reimburse for expenses incurred.

Or, if anybody has used an inspection service near there, I'd be glad to get that referral.

Let me know if interested.

Thanks!
      Tim
      I'd be happy to make the trip (it's no more than 45 minutes west of me to the furthest-most Crawfordsville address and an easy drive) and check it out, Tim. I'll want to take good photos of suspect areas.

(I hope it's not what I remember as 64V11104; a Bermuda Brown R1 / 4-speed 1964 Daytona 4-door in Crawfordsville that was so rusty it should have been parted out twenty years ago...and I think it was. If it wasn't, it may no longer be identifiable as a motor vehicle because it would only be a Bermuda Brown pile of rust by now! . If that's the Serial Number, I can give you a thorough report without going over there! ) BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

If you like antique Aladdin Lamps, there's an antique store at Crawfordsville that has a lot of them you can visit while there. I buy lamp parts from the guy once in a while.
        Mike Sal

Comment

Well maybe IF it has been "Re-Bodied" with a Solid Body by now, and because of the "4 Door with a 4 Speed" rarity re-Serialized with the correct Number it would be somewhat worthy!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Hi Bob..Wow, that's above and beyond! Thanks! This one is a Sand Gold 4dr with red interior. I'm out and about right now so will send details later today. Thanks again, Tim

Comment

The car in crawfordsvile is not a 4spd
              Looks to be a nice low mile crusier

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sal View Post
                If you like antique Aladdin Lamps, there's an antique store at Crawfordsville that has a lot of them you can visit while there. I buy lamp parts from the guy once in a while. Mike Sal
                Cabbages and Kings, Mike? BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by allen04084 View Post
                  Hi Bob..Wow, that's above and beyond! Thanks! This one is a Sand Gold 4dr with red interior. I'm out and about right now so will send details later today. Thanks again, Tim
                  OK, Tim; it sounds like a car that might be new to the area. Not that I know of every Studebaker in Crawfordsville, but I've not heard of any one like that, for sure. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                    OK, Tim; it sounds like a car that might be new to the area. Not that I know of every Studebaker in Crawfordsville, but I've not heard of any one like that, for sure. BP
                    Bob - I PM'd you with details.

Comment

Working...
                    X