Atlantic Canada Chapter SDC honoured

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlantic Canada Chapter SDC honoured

The Atlantic Canada Chapter SDC has been honoured by being inducted into the Maritime Motorsports Hall of Fame (MMHF).

The MMHF, located in Petitcodiac, New Brunswick, Canada preserves and promotes all aspects of the automotive hobby --- antiques, street rods, stock car racing, drag racing, motocross, etc. It operates an interesting museum located adjacent to Exit 233, N.B. Highway 1 at Petitcodiac.

Each year since 2006, the MMHF has inducted nine individuals and one club to honour their contributions to the automotive hobby in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. The Atlantic Canada Chapter SDC was among those receiving this recognition at a formal dinner held in Truro, Nova Scotia, on November 17, 2018. Approximately 200 people attended.

The Chapter was represented by founders Ken and Shelley Zwicker; charter members Doug and Roberta Parkman (who were MMHF inductees in 2009); Brian and Norma Chappell; and my wife Karen and me. It was a pleasure to have them standing with me during the presentation. During this time, photos of several of our members' vehicles were shown on a large video screen. During my "thank you" comments, I was able to share some information about SDC and our Chapter.

Bill Jarvis, President
    Atlantic Canada Chapter SDC
    Bill Jarvis

Excellent news and congratulations!

Ken & Shelly were also charter members of the Foothills Chapter here in Calgary while he was still serving with the RCMP. Next year, we celebrate 40 years as a chapter, and great to hear they are still very active in SDC.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstude View Post
      The Atlantic Canada Chapter SDC has been honoured by being inducted into the Maritime Motorsports Hall of Fame (MMHF).

The MMHF, located in Petitcodiac, New Brunswick, Canada preserves and promotes all aspects of the automotive hobby --- antiques, street rods, stock car racing, drag racing, motocross, etc. It operates an interesting museum located adjacent to Exit 233, N.B. Highway 1 at Petitcodiac.

Each year since 2006, the MMHF has inducted nine individuals and one club to honour their contributions to the automotive hobby in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. The Atlantic Canada Chapter SDC was among those receiving this recognition at a formal dinner held in Truro, Nova Scotia, on November 17, 2018. Approximately 200 people attended.

The Chapter was represented by founders Ken and Shelley Zwicker; charter members Doug and Roberta Parkman (who were MMHF inductees in 2009); Brian and Norma Chappell; and my wife Karen and me. It was a pleasure to have them standing with me during the presentation. During this time, photos of several of our members' vehicles were shown on a large video screen. During my "thank you" comments, I was able to share some information about SDC and our Chapter.

Bill Jarvis, President
      Atlantic Canada Chapter SDC
      Well...since I'm only a few miles south of you...I am thankful for Google Maps for providing a little geographical perception. Congratulations! Such award/recognition serves as a testament to your dedication. Furthermore, the way you shared the presentation with your companions was first class and proves how relentless you folks are in your enthusiasm and using the occasion to spread the gospel of how cool the SDC experience really is!

Now...I hope our Turning Wheels contributors will take note and I expect to see (soon) a published recognition within the SDC!

As an aside note...'till now, where you are located might as well have been on the other side of the moon.
      Funny how, in geographical terms, the center of one's world is on the fringe for others.
      Thanks for taking the time to name the locations. It makes the forum experience more intriguing, exotic, and at the same time reveals our commonality of interests assuring us that we're all in this together.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
        Well...since I'm only a few miles south of you...I am thankful for Google Maps for providing a little geographical perception. Congratulations! Such award/recognition serves as a testament to your dedication. Furthermore, the way you shared the presentation with your companions was first class and proves how relentless you folks are in your enthusiasm and using the occasion to spread the gospel of how cool the SDC experience really is!

Now...I hope our Turning Wheels contributors will take note and I expect to see (soon) a published recognition within the SDC!

As an aside note...'till now, where you are located might as well have been on the other side of the moon.
        Funny how, in geographical terms, the center of one's world is on the fringe for others.
        Thanks for taking the time to name the locations. It makes the forum experience more intriguing, exotic, and at the same time reveals our commonality of interests assuring us that we're all in this together.
        I wish I had known about that museum! I was there about six weeks ago. My wife and I had never been to the Maritime provinces before. We have been as Far East as Quebec City but no farther so we decided it was time to correct that. We put 6000 kilometres on our rental car in three weeks and covered most of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.
        While staying at a B&B in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, the very thing you are talking about John was brought up by a couple from Charlotte, North Carolina. They said they were there because they knew nothing about Canada and wanted o learn about it.
        I may be Canadian, but I am over 5000 kilometres away on the west coast. I had to look up Petitcodiac, too. I was annoyed to find I basically drove right past the museum.

Congratulations to the Atlantic Chapter and to the inductees. I wish we had something like that here (Vancouver).

Comment

Congratulations to the ACC! Thanks for sharing your good news.
          Mike Davis
          Regional Manager, North Carolina
          1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Congratulations to the Atlantic Chapter!

l, too have only been as far east as Quebec City, but plan on rectifying that sooner than later, and making sure that we attend a chapter event while there.
            Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
            61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
            Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
            Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Congratulations indeed! BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Once again the Northeast Zone shines Studebaker light on the rest of the world. Great work Bill Jarvis!

Peter Bishop
                Director,
                Northeast Zone

Comment

Wonderful news Bill. We were so pleased to have had the opportunity to visit your chapter this summer and speak to ther many members who attended the special luncheon you arranged. Keep up the good work.

Stu Chapman

Comment

what is the studebaker face book page address ?

Comment

Hey Craig. Shelley and I had hoped to see you at the show 'n shine in Calgary in September. Another time! It was great to see Pat Ronak and a couple other guys.

Comment

Thank you to everyone who responded. Part of the fun of Studebakers is spreading the word, as well as getting to know many friendly and interesting people in SDC.

John and Roger --- we hope the opportunity arises for you to travel in our direction, and meet some of the folks here. Terence, we hope you will return. I have been fortunate to drive in all of Canada's provinces, 27 U.S. states, 7 Mexican states, most of Scotland, and the southern part of England. It always has been fun to meet and talk with people wherever I have gone, as well as seeing the sights. Suddenly, the world is smaller, and the differences between people become far less important than what we have in common.
                        Bill Jarvis

Comment

Hello Ken! Sorry I missed you. I was in Arizona in September.
                          Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Working...
                          X