Phony 1963 R2 Lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona View Post
    I think it's driven by an electric motor.
    From the Craigslist ad.....https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee...734300262.html
    I worked the picture over some , and this shows the electric motor .

12volt blower drive by Bill H, on Flickr
    Bill H
    Daytona Beach
    SDC member since 1970
    Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

Would be 'interesting' to see what an attached a boost pressure gauge would read at 3k rpm.

Comment

So is that electric driven blower a real thing offered by a reputable supplier or a total monkey rigged deal?
        Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by t walgamuth View Post
          So is that electric driven blower a real thing offered by a reputable supplier or a total monkey rigged deal?
          I contacted the seller , using the Craigslist way , via email.

Quoting him , ( including his spelling ) :

" It reads McCullah Blower on the side it appears to be an air box of some type but it has electrical wires.
          The original owner said the blower works but it was using a little extra gas . I have not tried to hook it up.
          vehicle bought to sell or trade .
          Bill H
          Daytona Beach
          SDC member since 1970
          Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

Perhaps, "Built in the spirit of" would be more applicable than “clone.”

It seems doubtful that the dryer vent like hose could sustain any boost. What can bee seen of the device looks like washing machine parts. The apparent ratio of the pulleys probably doesn't spin the device anywhere near the 100,000 RPM range of a real turbo. It seems to fall into the same category as those Rice Rocket inline electric turbos that provide zero boost. Perhaps a piece of amusing nostalgia more than something of practical functionality.
            '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Regardless of the engine equipment, I'd be more concerned if it is an old engine or a full flow. The body does look nice and solid. For a little cheaper price the engine would be irrelevant.
              james r pepper

Comment

Originally posted by jpepper View Post
                Regardless of the engine equipment, I'd be more concerned if it is an old engine or a full flow. The body does look nice and solid. For a little cheaper price the engine would be irrelevant.
                The engine picture shows a '57-'62 spin on oil filter up top (not a '62-'64 full flow).
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Next up will be a Lark with a 2R engine in it.
                  StudeRick & Johna
                  Sacramento CA

1964 GT Hawk, 1963 GT Hawk, 1962 GT Hawk
                  1957 Silver Hawk
                  1963 Avanti
                  1961 Lark Wagon
                  1963 Lark Daytona

Comment

Working...
                  X