1987/88 Avanti information.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987/88 Avanti information.

Looking for pictures or any information on 1987/88 Avanti convertible did they beaf up the frames or maybe put in a x member .I know that. Kelly / caffaros used Monty carlos from those years .. just thinking out loud. Thank you very much... Raymond.
    rawise

The 87/88 cars used a monte carlo chassis
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Iam looking for technical information about the assembly of the 87/88 Avanti convertible,s ..iam understand that the Avanti,s of those. Years where on Chevrolet Monte Carlo,s if iam wrong some one will correct me.thank you . Raymond.
      rawise

Comment

The 1987-1988 Avantis used Monte Carlo frames. There was a recent thread on the AOAI Forum about technical information for the 1987 models. It seems that there is quite a bit available. I suggest that you check there. I bought a new 1987, but it was a coupe.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Th e 87's also used the El Camino frame, and much of the wiring. I have some dealers brocures if you are interested. Lou Cote

Comment

Originally posted by dynolou2 View Post
            Th e 87's also used the El Camino frame, and much of the wiring. I have some dealers brocures if you are interested. Lou Cote
            I thought only the LSCs, not the convertibles, used the El Camino chassis.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
            X