No announcement yet.

Avanti Production Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gary, there's more to this. First of all John Seaton has been involved with Avantis since the very early days of the Newman and Altman project. Secondly the AVX name was used by Jim Bunting and Tom Kellogg, who by the way as a 19 year old was involved in the original Avanti project working for Mr. Raymond Loewy, because the name Avanti was still owned by Avanti Motors. Also it was Tom Kellogg redesigned and updated the car. The original drawings still exist and are in the hands of Jim Bunting. Like the Phoenix, it was John Seaton who raised the Avanti from the ashes in 1999 with his purchase of Avanti Motors, a very courageous move.
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

I got to see AVX #001 a year ago almost: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...wo-Seat-Avanti

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Avantidon View Post
        Gary, there's more to this. First of all John Seaton has been involved with Avantis since the very early days of the Newman and Altman project. Secondly the AVX name was used by Jim Bunting and Tom Kellogg, who by the way as a 19 year old was involved in the original Avanti project working for Mr. Raymond Loewy, because the name Avanti was still owned by Avanti Motors. Also it was Tom Kellogg redesigned and updated the car. The original drawings still exist and are in the hands of Jim Bunting. Like the Phoenix, it was John Seaton who raised the Avanti from the ashes in 1999 with his purchase of Avanti Motors, a very courageous move.
        Don - I agree with ALL of this. John Seaton had an involvement for the entire length of post-Studebaker Avantis, but your original statement said; "...involved with their production..." with production being the key word to me.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
        X