P.S.W. Zone meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P.S.W. Zone meet

I've just returned from the 2018 P.S.W. zone meet in Palm Springs.
    I was told that 62 Studebakers were registered to show...…….It seemed to me that a lot more were there.
    This was one of the most friendly and enjoyable events that my Wife and I have ever attended. I can't say enough about the clubs involved, and the work that they did to make this show work. KUDOS to all of them...…….And a big KUDO to all of the members for bringing their "loved ones" to Palm Springs to show them off...……...

"Palm Spring Weekend" was a forgettable moving made in 1963, but this Palm Springs weekend was not. I got to ride in the back seat of a 1918 7 passenger Big Six Touring car for the driving tour rally. One of the spots we went by was Raymond Lowey home in Palm Springs. As soon as I get pictures sent to me by one of my local members, I will write an article for Turning Wheels and send it for proof reading by all the participating chapters. If someone else is going to write an article, I will defer to them.

Bob Miles
    Pacific Southwest Zone Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post
      "Palm Spring Weekend" was a forgettable moving made in 1963, but this Palm Springs weekend was not. I got to ride in the back seat of a 1918 7 passenger Big Six Touring car for the driving tour rally. One of the spots we went by was Raymond Lowey home in Palm Springs. As soon as I get pictures sent to me by one of my local members, I will write an article for Turning Wheels and send it for proof reading by all the participating chapters. If someone else is going to write an article, I will defer to them.

Bob Miles
      For a head start on proof reading, the name is Loewy.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I usually take many pictures, but did not this time. Memory lapse I guess, or just busy running around. I did however do several podcasts with some folks. These podcast were seen live around the world. I received many compliments and good questions from many people who were 25 to 35 years in age. I did get the occasional "ugly car" comment, but 99% of the comments and questions were positive. I also highlighted that parts are out there for these autos due to the vendors and collectors. I'd have to say the most common sentiment from people was the dedication of the owners to keep them in great shape, and shocked that some of these cars are driven often.

Overall I had a great time. Driving 4hrs from Phoenix and then 4hrs back home without the constant stop and go of LA was a nice change.

Comment

A great event attended by a lot of very nice people (and some pretty nice cars). Well organized and executed. My congratulations to all involved.
          Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
          '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
          '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
          '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

Thanks Gary. When working on little sleep over the past 3 days, brain function is inpaired. I know that is no excuse for sloppy work. Perhaps in the future when I am over tired, I will PM you before I post so you can proof my post.

Bob Miles

Comment

Working...
            X