• Show
Clear All

• plee4139
    replied
    Thanks. I shall read it forthwith!

Leave a comment:

• Commander Eddie
    replied
    "Driving Blind" by Ray Bradbury is about the clever way a Studebaker Salesman sold his cars. Great short story.

Leave a comment:

• mike cenit
    replied
    In the Bond books it was the FBI man that had the Studilac

Leave a comment:

• ddub
    replied
    I seem to recall a Studilac mention in a James Bond story. Also recall a 53 K in a J. A. Jance mystery.

Leave a comment:

• Skip Lackie
    replied
    George Pelecanos has written a series of detective/mystery stories set on the seamier side of Washington DC (no politicians or lobbyists mentioned). In order to capture the culture of the city and the nature of the protagonists, he always describes things like clothing and cars in considerable detail. He also places the events at city sites, bars, and restaurants that really did exist at the time. He obviously does a lot of research (or really knows cars) as I've never found a mistake. Unfortunately for us Stude nuts, his stories are mostly set shortly after Studebaker quit the car business -- so I haven't seen them mentioned yet. Very good stories BTW.
    Last edited by Skip Lackie; 10-20-2018, 04:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• plee4139
    started a topic Studies in Literature

Studies in Literature

I believe we all know how often there are our cars in films, but what about in books? I'm reading "True Confessions" by John Gregory Dunne, from which the film was adapted. There are numerous mentions of them scattered around the book, perhaps to help create the environment of immediate post-war America. know of any? Post them, please.
Working...
X