Studebaker International

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker International

Anyone besides me having difficulties with Studebaker International? I placed an order almost two months ago and have yet to receive my order. I know they are in the middle of a move and it has to be a monumental effort. An employee contacted me through Facebook and said he would check on it, but I have yet to hear anything. Numerous phone calls have promised to get me an answer, but so far, no good.
    This is not the service I am accustomed to and I really hate to complain. I am to the point of needing these parts to continue with my Wagonaire build. Not mad, just venting.....
    Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark

I have always had excellent immediate service when ordering both by phone and FAX. In any business there is a hickup; I'm sure you have contacted them maybe things will settle down and you project can move forward. chet445

Comment

I emailed them about a part inquire over the weekend....still waiting for a response....
      Lou Van Anne
      62 Champ
      64 R2 GT Hawk
      79 Avanti II

Comment

Is the existence of our parts legacy coming to an end? stupak

Comment

Try and be patient with them with Ed's retirement and the move of two inventories I'm sure that the new management is overwhelmed at the present. Time will tell if this is just a temporary situation or a sign of future problems.

Comment

I'm sure my imagination falls short of the nightmare that the Limes and the rest of the staff are going through right now.

Comment

I recently this month had my stuff within a week jimmijim
              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I have had better luck just calling them on the phone.....

Comment

I know it's good to defend our vendors. We need them.

Lately, my preferred vendor is Stephen Allen's LLC.

parts@mystudebaker.com
                  mystudebaker.com

Comment

I am a Studebaker parts dealer who has bought from Studebaker International for a long time. I feel we have an excellent business relationship.
                    I did have the pleasure of meeting new owner Jim Lime at Tacoma. I wish him well in the monumental job in moving all of that inventory to a more affordable location. I can fully imagine that shipping orders would be somewhat delayed, especially considering parts are in transit. So, in my mind, waiting a little bit for parts to arrive is minor compared to moving everything.
                    I know that when all is settled, SI will be the valued supplier that they have always been. I, personally am thankful for their existence.
                    And today, I just received a shipment of parts - for the first time from Hope, IN.

Comment

I received a response this AM.
                      Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
                      I emailed them about a part inquire over the weekend....still waiting for a response....
                      Lou Van Anne
                      62 Champ
                      64 R2 GT Hawk
                      79 Avanti II

Comment

I ordered several things over the phone and they arrived about a week later. This was about a month ago.
                        "Man plans, God laughs".

Anon

Comment

I owe SI an enormous debt of gratitude as they supplied a great deal of NOS parts for my '57 Clipper Wagon restoration. (Who else would supply parts in factory Studebaker-Packard boxes?) This latest hiccup is probably due to their move and perhaps recent transfer of ownership. Give a little time and I'm sure things will get back to normal.
                          Bill

Comment

I ordered a Manuals CD for my 1950 2R5 7 weeks ago.
                            Except the order confirmation I don't get any response.
                            I asked them 1 week ago about the status of the order by email. No response until today

Sorry, but this it no professional behaviour

Comment

Originally posted by gsx_martin View Post
                              I ordered a Manuals CD for my 1950 2R5 7 weeks ago.
                              Except the order confirmation I don't get any response.
                              I asked them 1 week ago about the status of the order by email. No response until today

Sorry, but this it no professional behaviour
                              Give 'em break! SI service has always been superbe. I'm sure it will get back to normal when the dust settles.

Comment

Working...
                              X