Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Purchase Inspection - 63 Avanti - Sacramento

Hello,

I'm looking for someone with a knowledge of the 63- 64 Avanti to do a pre-purchase inspection for me. Would absolutely pay you for your time and efforts. Car is in Sacramento, CA area.

Thank you

Send us a photo/owners name....we may already know the car....Karel Staple Chapter SDC/Sacramento Valley....
    Originally posted by 426 elephant View Post
    Hello,

I'm looking for someone with a knowledge of the 63- 64 Avanti to do a pre-purchase inspection for me. Would absolutely pay you for your time and efforts. Car is in Sacramento, CA area.

Thank you
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Comment

I sent this new poster here from the AOAI Forum. I thought that Sal from Sacramento may be willing to help him. A lot of people have read this thread, but he isn't one of them, yet.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Now I have.... PM me with the details. I always love to go look at an Avanti. I hope its not the one in Auburn I saw a few months ago. That was one heckuva nice car. I might steal it. JK
        sals54

Comment

Originally posted by 426 elephant View Post
          Hello,

Thank you
          Just wondering.... with a 426 Elephant, what are you doing sniffing around our Avanti's. These ladies don't like being harrassed by Mopar guys. Again...JK
          sals54

Comment

PM sent

Thank you.

Comment

Thank you Studegary and a special thank you to Sal.

My Avanti was just unloaded from the semi this afternoon. Can't wait to start working on it and learning about Avantis. Also looking forward to learning from this site and meeting fellow Studebaker owners.

Comment

Welcome Tim to the SDC and to the SDC Forum!

You will find Membership info and MUCH More from our Home Page.
                Here is a direct link to Membership:
                http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/join.asp

That was pretty Fast shipping!
                Do you have a recommendation for a Good open OR closed trailer, Auto Transport Co. for those here that are always looking for a GOOD one?
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Thank you for the welcome. I will check out the membership information.

I used Safe Auto Transport for enclosed shipping. Car arrived a day earlier than expected on a big semi-truck. The price was about half of the "Big" name carriers. I would use them again.

Comment

That sure was a fast move. Any pictures of your new car? What will it need?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Avanti3.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	1724240Click image for larger version

Name:	Avanti1.JPG
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	1724241Click image for larger version

Name:	Avanti2.JPG
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	1724242

Needs a little love - driver's seat needs reupholstered, needs detailed/re-chroming of parts under hood, rear bumper re-chrome, new windshield. Later, it could use a repaint.

Comment

That's a good looking car. Same color as a 1963 Avanti I looked at in Barberton, Ohio about 20 years. The guy's daughter backed into a parking lot post and damaged the fiberglass under the rear bumper. I told the guy to keep me informed if he decided to sell the car, but learned he sold it for $800 a few months later, and never told me.

Comment

Tim,
                          Congrats on you recent purchase. Now you are officially certifiable like the rest of us, but welcome to the best bunch of people who all suffer from the same malady.
                          Keep us updated with pics.
                          Cheers, Bill

Comment

Tim,

Those license plates are of some value as they look to be original.

If you don't want to keep them as proof of a southwest origin (keep a 4 colour copy of the pink slip), there are plenty out here that would buy them.

Ken

Comment

Working...
                            X