X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N8N
    replied
    Bob, you are NOT helping.

/would it be sacrelige to drop an R1 into a Speedster?

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Leave a comment:

• N8N
    replied
    Bob, you are NOT helping.

/would it be sacrelige to drop an R1 into a Speedster?

--
    55 Commander Starlight

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    The seats were done in the original color and pattern. If they were done in a quality vinyl, I think that I would accept them as-is.
    Reminds me of an SDC International First Place Packard Hawk that has vinyl, not leather, done in the original pattern for the seats.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    The seats were done in the original color and pattern. If they were done in a quality vinyl, I think that I would accept them as-is.
    Reminds me of an SDC International First Place Packard Hawk that has vinyl, not leather, done in the original pattern for the seats.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    I see the buyer's been buying Hawk stuff recently, also bought from Bob Petersen, and a couple things from JDP last July. Anyone know who it might be?

It'd be interesting to hear more about the car.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    I see the buyer's been buying Hawk stuff recently, also bought from Bob Petersen, and a couple things from JDP last July. Anyone know who it might be?

It'd be interesting to hear more about the car.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by satdoc2

I'm beginning to think more like JP everyday. I came close to hitting the BIN. The BIN price was $12,500. The vinyl seats saved me.
    Allen
    Unless one was buying it to immediately re-sell for a higher dollar, its a car someone can enjoy as a 'rolling restoration'. Once the bank account is built up again in a years time or so, then the chroming and re-upholstering can be done in stages. In 2 years, the lucky owner will have a correctly done, mint Speedster.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by satdoc2

I'm beginning to think more like JP everyday. I came close to hitting the BIN. The BIN price was $12,500. The vinyl seats saved me.
    Allen
    Unless one was buying it to immediately re-sell for a higher dollar, its a car someone can enjoy as a 'rolling restoration'. Once the bank account is built up again in a years time or so, then the chroming and re-upholstering can be done in stages. In 2 years, the lucky owner will have a correctly done, mint Speedster.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by N8N

I would have had a severe quandary had I seen that auction before it ended, having already collected most of the chrome for my coupe... only thing I don't like about the black and white car is that it's an automatic. I suppose that could be fixed.

nate
    'Sure could, Nate: That rusty, black & white, documented factory overdrive Speedster I had in the photograph at the top of The Co-Operator column a couple months last year, is still sitting right where it was a year ago, north of Bloomington IN a couple miles on the east side of old Indiana State Road 37.

Is it blue-collar comedian Bill Engle who says, "Here's your sign?" BP

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by N8N

I would have had a severe quandary had I seen that auction before it ended, having already collected most of the chrome for my coupe... only thing I don't like about the black and white car is that it's an automatic. I suppose that could be fixed.

nate
    'Sure could, Nate: That rusty, black & white, documented factory overdrive Speedster I had in the photograph at the top of The Co-Operator column a couple months last year, is still sitting right where it was a year ago, north of Bloomington IN a couple miles on the east side of old Indiana State Road 37.

Is it blue-collar comedian Bill Engle who says, "Here's your sign?" BP

Leave a comment:

• N8N
    replied

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight

Leave a comment:

• N8N
    replied

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    I'd bet a beer this car would be the better buy in the long run.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQ...190197323504QQ

BTW, you only should only think like me when you are concerned about the dollars and cents. If you just love the car, the fact that you'll be buried in it makes no difference if you don't intend to sell it.

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,839.60
    63 Lark 2 door
    57 wagon
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    I'd bet a beer this car would be the better buy in the long run.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQ...190197323504QQ

BTW, you only should only think like me when you are concerned about the dollars and cents. If you just love the car, the fact that you'll be buried in it makes no difference if you don't intend to sell it.

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,839.60
    63 Lark 2 door
    57 wagon
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• satdoc2
    replied
    Allen

Leave a comment:

Working...
X