No announcement yet.

1964 Challenger production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, are those production numbers real, or did some yahoo just make them up???

I really should have included the source of those numbers which was the February 1993 issue of Turning Wheels. Anyone wanting to know anything about the '64 Lark types should get a copy of this issue.

The Challenger was definitely the '64 answer to the Scotsman. I recall that mine had only one sun visor. Worse yet, it (4-dr.) only had one arm rest. Try and close a Challenger door without one. The door handle and window crank were so far forward that they offered no leverage. You pretty much had to roll down the window to grab the door and close it!

Jim Bradley
    Lewistown PA
    '64 Daytona HT "Rerun"
    Jim Bradley
    Lake Monticello, VA
    '78 Avanti II
    sigpic

Comment

Hey, are those production numbers real, or did some yahoo just make them up???

I really should have included the source of those numbers which was the February 1993 issue of Turning Wheels. Anyone wanting to know anything about the '64 Lark types should get a copy of this issue.

The Challenger was definitely the '64 answer to the Scotsman. I recall that mine had only one sun visor. Worse yet, it (4-dr.) only had one arm rest. Try and close a Challenger door without one. The door handle and window crank were so far forward that they offered no leverage. You pretty much had to roll down the window to grab the door and close it!

Jim Bradley
      Lewistown PA
      '64 Daytona HT "Rerun"
      Jim Bradley
      Lake Monticello, VA
      '78 Avanti II
      sigpic

Comment

In a way, Jim, a Challenger was even cheaper, more spartan, than a Scotsman!

Scotsmans at least had a basic, recirculating-air heater/defroster standard equipment, whereas any heater/defroster was a $79.95 option on a Challenger! [:0] (That's a good trivia question for your next SDC Chapter gathering...) BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

In a way, Jim, a Challenger was even cheaper, more spartan, than a Scotsman!

Scotsmans at least had a basic, recirculating-air heater/defroster standard equipment, whereas any heater/defroster was a $79.95 option on a Challenger! [:0] (That's a good trivia question for your next SDC Chapter gathering...) BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
          X