Oil Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Filter

I have a oil filter that i want to put on my 62 Champ pickup.
    It is a metal canaster with a cover on top.4&1/2 inch diameter
    about 5&1/4 deep.I dont want to send away for one 1 item plus
    shipping.Does any body know what the number cartrige fits in it.
    Also the spring Might be missing.What diameter spring do i need &
    how long.Thank You.

Lenny
    Atlanta Ga.

I would just take it to your local parts store and ask to see a C3, and a C4 Fram Cartridge or it's cross referenced counterpart in Purolator or other good stocking brand. If this unknown "filter" is anything like the 2 Studebaker used (many other makes also in the 1950's) it is going to be one of the two! I think the Filter itself was a F3 (small) for Champions, or F4 (large) for Commanders.

The really IMPORTANT thing here is to be very sure there is a restricted hole in either the inlet or the outlet of the filter or in one of the fittings that has a small pinhole to prevent losing all of your oil pressure.

Usually a Fram will have a Orange case or lid and their name somewhere.

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I would just take it to your local parts store and ask to see a C3, and a C4 Fram Cartridge or it's cross referenced counterpart in Purolator or other good stocking brand. If this unknown "filter" is anything like the 2 Studebaker used (many other makes also in the 1950's) it is going to be one of the two! I think the Filter itself was a F3 (small) for Champions, or F4 (large) for Commanders.

The really IMPORTANT thing here is to be very sure there is a restricted hole in either the inlet or the outlet of the filter or in one of the fittings that has a small pinhole to prevent losing all of your oil pressure.

Usually a Fram will have a Orange case or lid and their name somewhere.

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
      X