Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8E45E
    replied
    Richard Quinn did a 1902-1966 total here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...66-Your-answer

Craig

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by Hallabutt View Post
    It can't be anything even close. If what I believe the total production of Studebaker motor driven vehicles was around 3M, that would mean a survival rate of operational vehicles at around 10%. Since the survival rate of all production vehicles, post twenty years, is only about 1%, those numbers are way out of whack by about ten times the number that could be expected to have survived.
    I just did a rough summary of postwar car and truck production and came up with 2,908,000.

Leave a comment:

• TWChamp
    replied
    I would have though total vehicle production was much more than 3 million, since 1950 was the peak year, and that would have been over 10% of the total then.

Leave a comment:

• Hallabutt
    replied
    It can't be anything even close. If what I believe the total production of Studebaker motor driven vehicles was around 3M, that would mean a survival rate of operational vehicles at around 10%. Since the survival rate of all production vehicles, post twenty years, is only about 1%, those numbers are way out of whack by about ten times the number that could be expected to have survived.

Leave a comment:

• Commander Eddie
    replied
    I think a check of DMV records worldwide would provide a surprising number of Studebakers still registered. I had heard some time back a number around 250,000.

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    Originally posted by Milaca View Post
    The article states: " Indiana-based Studebaker Co. hasn’t made cars or trucks in more than 50 years, but there are still more than 350,000 of the vehicles in operation around the world."
    350,000 seems far too high to me. Perhaps it should state 35,000?
    The Soviet Army is still running 180,000 of them...

Leave a comment:

• TWChamp
    replied
    Interesting. BTW, what was Studebaker's total production, and does anyone know how many are still registered or drivable?

Leave a comment:

• Milaca
    replied
    The article states: " Indiana-based Studebaker Co. hasn’t made cars or trucks in more than 50 years, but there are still more than 350,000 of the vehicles in operation around the world."
    350,000 seems far too high to me. Perhaps it should state 35,000?

Leave a comment:

• Jeff T.
    started a topic Article on SI from the Columbus (IN?) Republic

Article on SI from the Columbus (IN?) Republic

I pulled up Google on my phone this evening and an article popped up from the Columbus (IN) Republic about SI moving operations to Hope, IN. Since my knowledge of Indiana geography is limited to South Bend is up, Evansville is down and Indy is in the middle, I had to Google map Hope on the home pc, it's to the southeast of Indy.

http://www.therepublic.com/2018/10/0...-base-to-hope/

I also get a lot of Bring a trailer article about Studebakers too.

Jeff T.
Working...
X