North Star Chapter’s new website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Star Chapter’s new website

For those who visit and follow SDC Chapter websites, Minnesota’s North Star Chapter has built a whole new website at www.northstarstudebakers.com
    Click image for larger version

Name:	AC19AD1D-C6B6-4393-852B-683EF9818BFD.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	1759528
    sigpic
    Bob Shaw
    Rush City, Minnesota
    1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Well done!

Comment

Very nice. I wish I had the time to revise all my pages to something more "up-to-date". The problem is 2000+ pages.... My daughter is in the Web business.... she won't even touch it.....

BobJ
      www.studebaker-info.org
      64 GT Hawk (K7)
      1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Your already excellent site would certainly be a challenge for even the most skilled developer. FYI, I used Managed Wordpress for our site as it’s so popular and the “managed” part means the software is on the hosting company’s servers instead of my computer. That means if I suddenly slip on an oil spot from my Studebaker and kill myself, someone else will be able to continue on with the site. If you were to consider creating a new site, you could do as I did and build it on a new url (such as studebaker-info.com) then do a simple forward from your .org domain when it was ready for primetime.

Originally posted by 64V-K7 View Post
        Very nice. I wish I had the time to revise all my pages to something more "up-to-date". The problem is 2000+ pages.... My daughter is in the Web business.... she won't even touch it.....

BobJ
        www.studebaker-info.org
        sigpic
        Bob Shaw
        Rush City, Minnesota
        1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
        "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

As the guy who would probably have to take over, I encourage you to NOT slip on that oil spot!

The new site looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by BobWaitz View Post
            As the guy who would probably have to take over, I encourage you to NOT slip on that oil spot!

The new site looks great!
            I am willing to chip-in a few dollars to provide Bob Shaw with a safety helmet in order to reduce any such injury that may be incurred from a fall. The other alternative would be to retrofit a Tesla running-gear into his Hawk, but I haven't the time nor the funds to help with such a feat.
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Working...
            X