Dickinson Automotive, Lebanon OR.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dickinson Automotive, Lebanon OR.

I meet Paul Dickinson, Dickinson Automotive, Lebanon, OR. at the International Meet in Tacoma....we made a deal on a rebuilt alternator.....he a said "about a weeks turnaround".....I promptly sent him check.....two emails and two phone calls and a month later: no alternator and no returned calls, no returned emails.....
    What should I think.....?
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Contact John Lasseter in Lebanon, OR and ask if he knows of him or can help.

If you do not have a SDC Roster, PM me for his info.

I also have Dickinson Automotive's Business Card here from the International Meet, if that would help.

I am sure he had issues finding the correct one, or just forgot.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 10-01-2018, 07:54 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Thanks....I have his business card.
      Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      Contact John Lasseter in Lebanon, OR and ask if he knows of him or can help.

If you do not have a SDC Roster, PM me for his info.

I also have Dickinson Automotive's Business Card here from the International Meet, if that would help.

I am sure he had issues finding the correct one, or just forgot.
      Lou Van Anne
      62 Champ
      64 R2 GT Hawk
      79 Avanti II

Comment

The check has been cashed.....
        Lou Van Anne
        62 Champ
        64 R2 GT Hawk
        79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
          The check has been cashed.....
          Paul Dickenson is a reputable guy and I've had nothing but positive dealings with him. As to why he's been out of communication, I have no answer, but I'll ask his partner here in Spokane as to why you haven't heard back.

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

Thanks Jack.....make me feel a little more confident....
            Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
            Paul Dickenson is a reputable guy and I've had nothing but positive dealings with him. As to why he's been out of communication, I have no answer, but I'll ask his partner here in Spokane as to why you haven't heard back.

jack vines
            Lou Van Anne
            62 Champ
            64 R2 GT Hawk
            79 Avanti II

Comment

John Lasseter is a good friend and neighbor of Paul's. I just exchanged e-mails with Paul this week and will be giving him a call about some transmission work later this week. I am not sure why you are having trouble getting in touch with him. He responded to me right away. Keep trying.
              Ed Sallia
              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Thank you....
                Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
                John Lasseter is a good friend and neighbor of Paul's. I just exchanged e-mails with Paul this week and will be giving him a call about some transmission work later this week. I am not sure why you are having trouble getting in touch with him. He responded to me right away. Keep trying.
                Lou Van Anne
                62 Champ
                64 R2 GT Hawk
                79 Avanti II

Comment

Placed another call this afternoon....only got the answering machine again.....
                  Lou Van Anne
                  62 Champ
                  64 R2 GT Hawk
                  79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
                    Placed another call this afternoon....only got the answering machine again.....
                    Did you leave a message? The times, they are a changing. It's gotten to where most people won't answer the phone if they don't recognize the number. Me too. But I do listen to my voice mails.
                    Jerry Forrester
                    Forrester's Chrome
                    Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Left a message every time.....
                      Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
                      Did you leave a message? The times, they are a changing. It's gotten to where most people won't answer the phone if they don't recognize the number. Me too. But I do listen to my voice mails.
                      Lou Van Anne
                      62 Champ
                      64 R2 GT Hawk
                      79 Avanti II

Comment

Paul emailed me....seems he lost my address....alternator in question is ready and will ship promptly!
                        Lou Van Anne
                        62 Champ
                        64 R2 GT Hawk
                        79 Avanti II

Comment

This is completely unrelated but some years ago I was motoring along I-5 late at night passing through Lebanon Oregon and there was a news report about some major fires and explosions in Lebanon, I could see the lights of the town from the highway but could not see any fire or explosions. I was somewhat confused and started to think if I was suffering from some form highway hypnosis. It didn't dawn on me until the next day that the Lebanon they were talking about was the small country at the eastern end of the Mediterranean Sea when the war was going on.

Comment

Oregon also has a town called Damascus. SDC member Jerry Blount lives there.
                            Ed Sallia
                            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
                              Oregon also has a town called Damascus. SDC member Jerry Blount lives there.
                              Virginia also has towns named Lebanon and Damascus in the Southwest corner. Damascus is on the Appalachian Trail and a cool little town. There is also a village named Syria in Madison County.

There are also towns/cities named Lebanon in Kentucky, Tennessee, Pennsylvania and New Hampshire that I am aware of.
                              Last edited by Guido; 10-03-2018, 08:08 PM.
                              Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Working...
                              X