Interesting auction result, "Bud" Walters Estate, some Studes mixed in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting auction result, "Bud" Walters Estate, some Studes mixed in

This was an auction was held back on the 17th of this month, the results are posted here:
    Sullivan Auctioneers, LLC Raimon G. “Bud” Walters, Jr. Estate Auction

I like to look over how auctions went, to keep a gauge on car values. This one was a bevy of older cars all sitting out in Kansas, with plenty of candidates for hot rods. There were several Studebakers among them as well.

Good thing it was too far for me to attend, or I would have bought myself into trouble and a lifetime of projects I'd never get to!

Interesting auction for sure, Ken; thanks for the link.

M series trucks went high enough for as rough as they were, eh? Nothing tops the rough 1959 Cadillac professional car for $39,000, though; Lot #673! YEOW! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks for posting. Very interesting to see signs going for many times more than our Studebakers. And when was the last time you saw so many Nash cars?

Comment

Another flat land auction with Studebaker content and lots of WWII eye candy for enthusiasts.
        https://www.auctionzip.com/auction-c...displayNum=200

Comment

So many desirable cars in the collection, but most have deteriorated past the point of no return.

Comment

Luckily this is so far away. That Lark may have come home with me.... and a few others as well!
            1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Without adding them up what'da ya think, between $100,000.00 and $200,000.00 Total Sales?

If Decimal Dude was here, he'd add them up.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                Interesting auction for sure, Ken; thanks for the link.

M series trucks went high enough for as rough as they were, eh? Nothing tops the rough 1959 Cadillac professional car for $39,000, though; Lot #673! YEOW! BP
                I can't believe that hearse brought that kind of money. You normally can't give one away, even in better shape than that. I wouldn't want that car if you gave it to me (discounting the fact that I could turn around and sell it to the guy that just paid 39k for it). I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn View Post
                  I can't believe that hearse brought that kind of money. You normally can't give one away, even in better shape than that. I wouldn't want that car if you gave it to me (discounting the fact that I could turn around and sell it to the guy that just paid 39k for it). I don't get it.
                  Don't forget that 10% buyer's premium, that's nearly another 4k on top of that final bid! Ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn View Post
                    Many funeral homes like to have an older hearse. It is sort of like having an advertising piece that you can also occasionally use for business. I have dealt with funeral homes from New York to Florida that have antique hearses (as well as modern ones). I have even contracted the use of a 1929 Studebaker hearse for when my time comes.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                    X