Garage sale find Mr. Ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage sale find Mr. Ed

This weekend is the towns annual garage sale. Todays big find was a Mr. Ed record album titled Straight from the horses mouth. I also found a Lionel HO missile launcher car. Ed

Two great finds!
    I have found some Lionel goodies at our local annual Country Living Fair. I found a pair of O gauge switches and a cross intersection in their original LIonel boxes.
    I’m with the local fire dept, and drive our antique Mack pumper for display. I’m about the only one who can drive it. Makes the day worth while when you find a Studebaker or Packard related item. An of course picking up a Lionel or Marx train item isn't too shabby either.
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
      Two great finds!
      I have found some Lionel goodies at our local annual Country Living Fair. I found a pair of O gauge switches and a cross intersection in their original LIonel boxes.
      I’m with the local fire dept, and drive our antique Mack pumper for display. I’m about the only one who can drive it. Makes the day worth while when you find a Studebaker or Packard related item. An of course picking up a Lionel or Marx train item isn't too shabby either.
      What year Mack? The village where I grew up had a 1953 Mack fire engine. When I was a youth/teenager, I was the department mascot and rode in uniform on top of that Mack in parades. Of course the engine was brand new then. Are you referring to "real antique", like a chain drive Mack?

EDIT: That department also had/has a hand pumper that got pulled in parades.

EDIT II: I am thinking that the Mack must have been earlier than a 1953 considering my age at the time.
      Last edited by studegary; 09-23-2018, 08:41 PM.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
        What year Mack? The village where I grew up had a 1953 Mack fire engine. When I was a youth/teenager, I was the department mascot and rode in uniform on top of that Mack in parades. Of course the engine was brand new then. Are you referring to "real antique", like a chain drive Mack?

EDIT: That department also had/has a hand pumper that got pulled in parades.
        Hi Gary, Our (old) Mack is a 1938 E Model pumper. The younger guys can’t drive manual shift, and of course have no idea what it means to “double clutch” each gear.
        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Sounds different than this one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mr ed record jacket composite.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	1723835
          Richard Quinn
          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Mr Ed record album picture

Yes mine is different , I hope here is a Picture There is no mention of Studebaker , Ed
            Attached Files

Comment

A casual inspection of the two jackets shows that there were two different horses used in the photos. In fact Ed did have a stand-in for personal appearances and publicity since his shooting schedule did not allow time for him to appear in all the many functions required for promotions etc. When one of these stand-ins passed away after the series ended it was reported to be the real Mr. Ed when in reality it was one of his body doubles.
              Richard Quinn
              Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Working...
              X