Dunkirk NY Studebaker Swap Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunkirk NY Studebaker Swap Meet

Just got back from the "new YORK in New York". Great crowds, great vendors and I really enjoyed renewing old acquaintances. Get there Saturday if you can.

Peter Bishop
    Director,
    Northeast Zone

Dang!...that's long drive Peter....
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Comment

I was there today i picked up a few things , including a 2019 Studebaker calendar .I got some good deals .

Comment

A worthwhile trip for me too. Nine hours round trip. Thanks to all the vendors who came and to the sponsoring chapter.
        John
        59 Silver Hawk
        3E12D-122-C4

Comment

Thanks to all who came. It's been a good show and I hope to see more of you there today. The hours are 8 til 2 today. Come early! There are some great deals!
          Steve Grant
          a.k.a. the Madd Doodler
          www.madddoodler.com
          Kinzua Region Chapter
          1881 Grain Wagon
          1951 Champion Starlight Coupe 1:1 scale model kit
          1951 Champion business coupe Pro Street (project)
          1959 Lark 2 dr sdn
          1963 Avanti R2 4 spd
          1963 Avanti R2 auto

Comment

I don't often rave, but I feel the need to. We went to Dunkirk with a load of stuff to sell. Got there JUST after they closed for the night on Thursday. Had to sleep in the truck cab...OMG. Looked around at the outdoor stuff that had been set up. We had hoped to sell enough of our things to buy a rechromed rear Hawk bumper. But talking around, we had priced (in our minds) our stuff way to low. At any rate, we found the rear bumper on Rich Lindsey's ("Busted Knuckles Garage") table. When he got in Friday morning, just for grins, I asked him if he would swap TWO bumpers (front AND rear) for what we had. He checked it all over, and said he would! We unloaded at his spot, loaded up our new bumpers, and headed for home, by 08:30 Friday morning. When we got home, I checked the bumpers over REALLY well. I have seen a LOT of rechrome, but I have NEVER seen the quality that these bumpers are...unless you want to pay premium prices for "Show Chrome". They are, hands down, SHOW chrome...both flawless, straight, and do not reflect like they were Carnival Fun House mirrors. Absolutely perfect...and he only charges $350 each, no core charge. My hat is off to one of the nicest, most honest people I've ever dealt with. Great guy, great prices, great Swap Meet...AND great people which we met...

Comment

My brother and I went up and back Friday good assortment of parts bad news we could find nothing we needed looked around checked out everything. Good news we had good time and were back home sixteen hours later had nice weather entire time rained after we got home .
              I agree about Lindsey's chrome work he did all my bumpers as well as my brothers can't beat service price and quality and as bonus he is a nice guy to deal with.

Comment

Sounds like a great swap meet, but it's way too far for me to drive from Long Island. Maybe another time if one of my sons goes with me or a fellow Stude dude.
                Rog
                '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Steve, this is a great thing you’ve got going. I have one question, though, and it’s probably been asked and answered already but I missed it: how did you come to pick this time of year for this show, instead of in March, in the place of the York show?
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                  Romans 15:13
                  Deuteronomy 31:6
                  Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Steve, thanks for getting this going. I can only see it growing. Personally I much prefer swap meets in the fall. The winter is when the work is usually done so it is nice to have the parts before the work commences.

Comment

pics pics pics...I have seen none. how was the car coral? This is the last year for my kids high school sports so I will make it next year...
                      64 GT R1 4sp Hawk
                      Mohawk Trails Chapter SDC

Comment

Would there still be interest for a swap meet in york pa for the month of march ?????

Comment

Originally posted by am not r2 View Post
                          pics pics pics...I have seen none. how was the car coral? This is the last year for my kids high school sports so I will make it next year...

From Steve Grant's photo album: (Not sure if one has to be a Fecesbook member or not to view these, but it does look like it was well attended.)

https://www.facebook.com/28380883216...&theater&ifg=1

Craig
                          Last edited by 8E45E; 10-16-2018, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lugamatic View Post
                            Would there still be interest for a swap meet in york pa for the month of march ?????
                            I (for one) would be interested.
                            Skip Lackie

Comment

I would be interested

Comment

Working...
                              X