Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congrats: Mark James, Bob Belling, George Vassos...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats: Mark James, Bob Belling, George Vassos...

...for their Studebaker FIRST awards at the fall Hemmings Concours d'Elegance.

Mark James: 1955 Studebaker President Speedster / First in American Postwar!

Bob Belling: 1934 Studebaker President Land Cruiser / American Covercraft Award Winner.

George Vassos: 1922 Studebaker Light Six Roadster / Third Place in Fresh Restorations.

I'm not sure how to isolate them from this general article, but it's all interesting reading:

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2018/0...efer=musweekly

Well-played, gents. Congrats in tough competition. BP
    Last edited by BobPalma; 09-21-2018, 02:01 PM. Reason: added George Vassos
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

I believe there was a 3rd winner - a Mr. Vassos?
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
      I believe there was a 3rd winner - a Mr. Vassos?
      Absolutely, Chris; my oversight.

Add George Vassos and his 1922 Studebaker Light Six Roadster: Third Place in Fresh Restorations.

Thanks, Chris; duly added to the OP. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Congrats to Bob Belling once again!

Last spring at the Greenwich Concours: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghlight=button

Craig

Comment

Possibly the "Preservation Class" might be Original Cars?

That is like saying a Lady is "Different" instead of your first thought!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
          X