A Studebaker powered by beer???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Studebaker powered by beer???

That was my initial thought when I saw this rodded M series truck on e-Bay. If the doors opened, I might think about buying it. [B)]

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

How can you tell it's an M series? With that one piece windshield it could be anything!

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

How can you tell it's an M series? With that one piece windshield it could be anything!

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich

Comment

That is a neat little truck! I seen it one week ago at the Moultrie, GA all makes swap meet.

The only thing I would do, would be to swap in a Stude V8. [] It IS a M series, and the doors were molded in at the bottom. It's a 2 piece windshield with no divider. Note the $10,500 on the windshield.

There was also an all original, and really straight '61 Cruiser for $3500. It didn't last long.

Or maybe a rotted '57 GH for $5 grand is more your thing.

As well as some of the Jawjuh/Florida "Studebaker Hawk Owners" crowd. [8D]

More pics here.
        http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...ultrie%202_08/

Matthew Burnette
        '59 Scotsman
        '63 Daytona
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

That is a neat little truck! I seen it one week ago at the Moultrie, GA all makes swap meet.

The only thing I would do, would be to swap in a Stude V8. [] It IS a M series, and the doors were molded in at the bottom. It's a 2 piece windshield with no divider. Note the $10,500 on the windshield.

There was also an all original, and really straight '61 Cruiser for $3500. It didn't last long.

Or maybe a rotted '57 GH for $5 grand is more your thing.

As well as some of the Jawjuh/Florida "Studebaker Hawk Owners" crowd. [8D]

More pics here.
          http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...ultrie%202_08/

Matthew Burnette
          '59 Scotsman
          '63 Daytona
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Rich,

I should have provided the link. If you look at the windshield it appears to be a couple of pieces of flat glass butted together. I think this dash shot will confirm its heritage.

Gary

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...spagenameZWDVW

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Rich,

I should have provided the link. If you look at the windshield it appears to be a couple of pieces of flat glass butted together. I think this dash shot will confirm its heritage.

Gary

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...spagenameZWDVW

Comment

They all look like very happy Stude. swappers[^]

And if that guy can afford a all aluminum Featherlight auto transport trailer, he doesn't need the $5000.00! [:0] He could sell it for the $500.00 it's worth!

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
                StudeRich

Comment

They all look like very happy Stude. swappers[^]

And if that guy can afford a all aluminum Featherlight auto transport trailer, he doesn't need the $5000.00! [:0] He could sell it for the $500.00 it's worth!

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
                  StudeRich

Comment

Well, if that keg in the back had beer in it, George just [u]might </u>be persuaded to drive a Stude instead of his Rover. Then I could see him in the car. George's wagon has a diesel and it smokes like a James Bond smoke screen (LOL)!![}]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                    Lotsa Larks!
                    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Well, if that keg in the back had beer in it, George just [u]might </u>be persuaded to drive a Stude instead of his Rover. Then I could see him in the car. George's wagon has a diesel and it smokes like a James Bond smoke screen (LOL)!![}]

Lotsa Larks!
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Definitely a fair-weather rig, but I like it! Hmmm, I do have some spare M trucks...

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Definitely a fair-weather rig, but I like it! Hmmm, I do have some spare M trucks...

Comment

Working...
                          X