No announcement yet.

Help identify this dash knob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, it's not the correct button for a '52. There WAS a similar emblem used on the '52 Custom and Deluxe trim levels, but those were a simple button in the very center of the wheel. The Deluxe trim level horn RING is what's shown in JDP's car. For '52, this trim level had a more massive, 3-legged horn ring with an odd-shaped little plastic emblem in the middle.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

No, it's not the correct button for a '52. There WAS a similar emblem used on the '52 Custom and Deluxe trim levels, but those were a simple button in the very center of the wheel. The Deluxe trim level horn RING is what's shown in JDP's car. For '52, this trim level had a more massive, 3-legged horn ring with an odd-shaped little plastic emblem in the middle.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Why oh why didn't Stude make a 100 year anniversary horn button like Ford did for their 50th in 1953!!!

Dwain G.
        "Burning Bridges...Lost Forevermore"......

Comment

Why oh why didn't Stude make a 100 year anniversary horn button like Ford did for their 50th in 1953!!!

Dwain G.
          "Burning Bridges...Lost Forevermore"......

Comment

That's a good question, Dwain. I think an easy answer would be that the '52s ended up being a stopgap model rather than the all new car that had been hoped for.[V]

Kurt, here ya go!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1951-...QQcmdZViewItem

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

Comment

That's a good question, Dwain. I think an easy answer would be that the '52s ended up being a stopgap model rather than the all new car that had been hoped for.[V]

Kurt, here ya go!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1951-...QQcmdZViewItem

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Working...
              X