No announcement yet.

My 51 on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, Matthew; that supercharged '51 belongs to Carl and Herman Thoms. It has over 300,000 miles on it [:0] and IIRC, their parents bought it new. [8D] BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Yes, Matthew; that supercharged '51 belongs to Carl and Herman Thoms. It has over 300,000 miles on it [:0] and IIRC, their parents bought it new. [8D] BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Well, looks like the guy from Spain may be a flake, no reply yet. I offered the car to the next bidder, but now he's thinking over even my lower offer. That's the problem with second chance offers, I think my offer to lower the price since the he was outbid by a dreamer made him think the car had issues it does not have.
        I may just add the blower and go for the big money, it is a really sharp example and I don't need to give it away now that my other ebay cars are coming on line. BTW, with the new rules, I can't even neg the jerk that won, I can just file a non paying bidder strike.

JDP/Maryland
        63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
        spent to date $54664,75
        64 R2 GT (Sid)
        spent to date $62,839.60
        63 Lark 2 door
        57 wagon
        51 Commander
        39 Coupe express
        39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Well, looks like the guy from Spain may be a flake, no reply yet. I offered the car to the next bidder, but now he's thinking over even my lower offer. That's the problem with second chance offers, I think my offer to lower the price since the he was outbid by a dreamer made him think the car had issues it does not have.
          I may just add the blower and go for the big money, it is a really sharp example and I don't need to give it away now that my other ebay cars are coming on line. BTW, with the new rules, I can't even neg the jerk that won, I can just file a non paying bidder strike.

JDP/Maryland
          63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
          spent to date $54664,75
          64 R2 GT (Sid)
          spent to date $62,839.60
          63 Lark 2 door
          57 wagon
          51 Commander
          39 Coupe express
          39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

JDP Maryland

Comment

JDP Maryland

Comment

Personally, my approach would be the PBOD one (Positive, Benefit Of Doubt). He didn't say he wouldn't pay, just asked about the possibility of the second bidder buying it. Since the back bidder isn't biting, tell him that you don't have a choice; but as a compromise, you'll install the correct, original engine for no extra charge!

Realistically, you should at least get your listing fees out of him; he should agree to that! Then, you'll re-list even farther into tax refund season

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Personally, my approach would be the PBOD one (Positive, Benefit Of Doubt). He didn't say he wouldn't pay, just asked about the possibility of the second bidder buying it. Since the back bidder isn't biting, tell him that you don't have a choice; but as a compromise, you'll install the correct, original engine for no extra charge!

Realistically, you should at least get your listing fees out of him; he should agree to that! Then, you'll re-list even farther into tax refund season

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

The engine won't look one bit different then it does now, just 90 HP less.

JDP/Maryland
                    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                    spent to date $54664,75
                    64 R2 GT (Sid)
                    spent to date $62,839.60
                    63 Lark 2 door
                    57 wagon
                    51 Commander
                    39 Coupe express
                    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

The engine won't look one bit different then it does now, just 90 HP less.

JDP/Maryland
                      63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                      spent to date $54664,75
                      64 R2 GT (Sid)
                      spent to date $62,839.60
                      63 Lark 2 door
                      57 wagon
                      51 Commander
                      39 Coupe express
                      39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment