• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That car is gorgeous.

Comment

That car is gorgeous.

Comment

I wouldn't have cut up a Packard like that but I will say this - it is WAY more tasteful than I would have expected. At least the steering wheel fits the car (not some thick-rimmed billet thing) and the upholstery, while modern, doesn't horribly clash with the rest of the car.

I would like to see the same car with a Caribbean 374/3-speed transplant though

nate

--
        55 Commander Starlight
        http://members.cox.net/njnagel
        --
        55 Commander Starlight

Comment

I wouldn't have cut up a Packard like that but I will say this - it is WAY more tasteful than I would have expected. At least the steering wheel fits the car (not some thick-rimmed billet thing) and the upholstery, while modern, doesn't horribly clash with the rest of the car.

nate

--
          55 Commander Starlight
          --
          55 Commander Starlight

Comment

This car made me remember one that I worked on in '92! It was ALOT like this one save for that it used a 350 for motive power and it was cream-colored with a tan leather interior.[^]
            This retired couple that I met thru a mutual friend would take it to car shows here in the central California Valley. I did something to it's electrical system, but I can't recall what it was anymore.

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

This car made me remember one that I worked on in '92! It was ALOT like this one save for that it used a 350 for motive power and it was cream-colored with a tan leather interior.[^]
              This retired couple that I met thru a mutual friend would take it to car shows here in the central California Valley. I did something to it's electrical system, but I can't recall what it was anymore.

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by N8N

nate
                [] Me too, Nate! You'll go along with an overdrive behind that three-speed, won't you? BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by N8N

nate
                  [] Me too, Nate! You'll go along with an overdrive behind that three-speed, won't you? BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                  "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Thomas63R2
                    It is actually easier to get to $250k in a shop built custom rod than you might think
                    I agree. A plain vanilla Roy Brizio '32 highboy with mostly off the shelf parts and a 350 Chevy and auto is about $140,000 out the door.

A car like this CAN cost $250k pretty easy. Take a look at the fit and finish of the body alone. How many thousands of hours do you imagine it takes to get to that level? Perfection ain't cheap [^].

That is really sort of immaterial, however. The car is WORTH far less than that on the market. I would guess it won't bid much more than $75 on eBay and will probably be a no sale. Even at Barrett Jackson with all the hype it would probably bring $80-90 tops.

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Thomas63R2
                      It is actually easier to get to $250k in a shop built custom rod than you might think
                      I agree. A plain vanilla Roy Brizio '32 highboy with mostly off the shelf parts and a 350 Chevy and auto is about $140,000 out the door.

A car like this CAN cost $250k pretty easy. Take a look at the fit and finish of the body alone. How many thousands of hours do you imagine it takes to get to that level? Perfection ain't cheap [^].

That is really sort of immaterial, however. The car is WORTH far less than that on the market. I would guess it won't bid much more than $75 on eBay and will probably be a no sale. Even at Barrett Jackson with all the hype it would probably bring $80-90 tops.

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 65cruiser

As I've heard it said before..."pistine"!
                        Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 65cruiser

As I've heard it said before..."pistine"!
                          Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                          X