• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some SDC Studes in Living Color

You might recognize some of these:

http://www.texacocarofthedecades.com...&DecadeTo=1959

Tim-53 Studebird in warm Yuma, AZ

Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom and '63 Avanti in Yuma, AZ
    https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/always-ahead

You obviously weren't on the forum during the big blowup over this contest! [}]

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Leonard Shepherd
      http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

I recognize at least one
        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by paintim613

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I recognize at least one
          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by paintim613

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

Well, the blowup wasn't exactly here, but the forum did it's part to make mud to drag the contest through
            It all ended up ok, though....
            The Texaco people (the contest marketing people actually) straightened out the irregularities pretty quickly.
            The counts were 'corrected' and the people who took issue were removed (at their request).
            While the winner for each decade was determined by a vote tally, the overall winners were judged by a panel of editors and celebrities.
            The contest ran it's course and the decade winners were submitted to the Texaco judges panel, where a pretty elaborate numerical scoring method was applied.
            It was a fun contest (for me anyways) and the boobirds didn't phase me a bit.
            I am sure by now they (the boobirds)have a new target.
            Jeff[8D]
            PS: BTW... I ended up way down the list in the bottom half...Typical Studebaker style

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Jeff

Comment

Well, the blowup wasn't exactly here, but the forum did it's part to make mud to drag the contest through
              It all ended up ok, though....
              The Texaco people (the contest marketing people actually) straightened out the irregularities pretty quickly.
              The counts were 'corrected' and the people who took issue were removed (at their request).
              While the winner for each decade was determined by a vote tally, the overall winners were judged by a panel of editors and celebrities.
              The contest ran it's course and the decade winners were submitted to the Texaco judges panel, where a pretty elaborate numerical scoring method was applied.
              It was a fun contest (for me anyways) and the boobirds didn't phase me a bit.
              I am sure by now they (the boobirds)have a new target.
              Jeff[8D]
              PS: BTW... I ended up way down the list in the bottom half...Typical Studebaker style

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Jeff

Comment

Wow that's a neat site! almost every page I brought up had one of our club member's Studes on it! Cool!

I never could get rid of that ugly Mustang that looks like it's sitting 2 feet in the air! That's the number one choice car? UGH! It's programmed to come up at the top of every page I guess.

StudeRich
                Studebakers Northwest
                Ferndale, WA
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Wow that's a neat site! almost every page I brought up had one of our club member's Studes on it! Cool!

I never could get rid of that ugly Mustang that looks like it's sitting 2 feet in the air! That's the number one choice car? UGH! It's programmed to come up at the top of every page I guess.

StudeRich
                  Studebakers Northwest
                  Ferndale, WA
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Rich,
                    The list's show total vote counts and the Mustang club came out in force to vote (as did the Pontiac club, the Studebaker club, and even the Coast Guard...for that Ford street rod)...
                    I had to laugh when I received my score sheet and saw what I knew in my heart what was going to happen.
                    That Texaco dual tanker Model T was so cute.
                    I'm sure the bonus score was pretty big on that one.
                    As in a general election...
                    It is the 'get out the vote' that counts, and not necessarily the quality of the candidate.
                    Suprisingly, I made a few friends over at the AACA site because of this. The heck with the others...
                    Still waiting for the prize though.
                    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Jeff

Comment

Rich,
                      The list's show total vote counts and the Mustang club came out in force to vote (as did the Pontiac club, the Studebaker club, and even the Coast Guard...for that Ford street rod)...
                      I had to laugh when I received my score sheet and saw what I knew in my heart what was going to happen.
                      That Texaco dual tanker Model T was so cute.
                      I'm sure the bonus score was pretty big on that one.
                      As in a general election...
                      It is the 'get out the vote' that counts, and not necessarily the quality of the candidate.
                      Suprisingly, I made a few friends over at the AACA site because of this. The heck with the others...
                      Still waiting for the prize though.
                      Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                      X