Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello all Studee fans.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Great looking, clean car. You will have miles of smiles in that good looking Stude. Thanks for posting. Have you joined the Studebaker Drivers Club yet? It is a great source of information with the Turning Wheels magazine each month.
    Thanks for posting your pictures!
    Nick

    Comment


    • #17
      Just been scouring the net and I've managed to find a few Lark engine photo's and I can definitely see some of the differences you guys are pointing out. 2 valve cover bolts and no oil filler pipe etc. I will re-route the water bottle so it sits where it should. Looks much tidier.
      I have just received all the info for the SDC from Rex Burr and I will be sending off for my membership shortly.
      I have to admit I'm getting excited about the weekend already. Now I have an idea on how to improve the shifting issue and I have a few other little jobs to do, I'm like a kid waiting to meet his first date

      Is there a parts store I should be looking for in the US that can supply parts for my car? I did email Rock Auto a week or so ago but I never got a reply.
      The funniest thing about this signature is by the time you realise it says nothing important, it's too late to stop reading it.

      Comment


      • #18
        Steven,
        Go to the top of this page and click on the Studebaker Drivers Club Home Page. On the home page click on Resources and then Other Valuable Links. Scroll down near the bottom of that page and look for StudebakerVendors.com.
        You'll find all the parts you could possibly need there.
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

        Sol Lucet Omnibus

        Comment


        • #19
          Thank you.
          The funniest thing about this signature is by the time you realise it says nothing important, it's too late to stop reading it.

          Comment


          • #20
            I think this thread shows what great folks hang out here at the Forum. Instant response to a new Stude owner with suggestions and encouragement.
            Makes me proud to be here.
            Nick

            Comment


            • #21
              Totally agree Nick. The best welcome I've had from any forum and I already have enough information to sort out an issue I'd have been chasing the long way round to try and fix. These forums are a wealth of knowledge with folks good enough to share it. The Lark is a new adventure for me so I'm afraid I can't be of much help to anyone else.
              I'm very handy with a spanner and would gladly offer my services but most of you are.....well....a bit of a trek from my place
              The funniest thing about this signature is by the time you realise it says nothing important, it's too late to stop reading it.

              Comment


              • #22
                My dear fellow, welcome to the madness!


                Studebaker International
                97 North 150 West
                Greenfield, In. 46140-8562
                (317) 462-3124

                Ask for their catalogue.

                Love your car.
                My favourite year of Lark.


                Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Well, I'll be darned! We have a new member who's an Englishman buying an American car that was originally located in Japan. All it needs is for it to have served an ambassador in a faraway land such as Pakistan and we'll be golden in this international escapade.

                  In all seriousness, welcome to the forum! I know that with a good attitude and a desire to learn (which it seems you have) you'll do just fine in the Stude world. I myself just purchased my first car, a 1962 GT Hawk, a little over a year ago. I love every single angle and idiosyncrasy of her! Take a gander for yourself!

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	GT Hawk.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	1723610Click image for larger version

Name:	Side View.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	1723609Click image for larger version

Name:	Mirror.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	1723611Click image for larger version

Name:	289 CU Engine.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	1723612Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	1723613Click image for larger version

Name:	AirCon.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	1723614Click image for larger version

Name:	Back View.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	1723615
                  Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

                  1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Thank you Studeclunker. I'll definitely get their catalogue as, sad as it sounds, I enjoy looking through old car parts books. Especially the chromed accessories such as the Studebaker traffic light window that I missed on ebay. Modern cars are so boring in comparison to these gorgeous classics.

                    Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post
                    Well, I'll be darned! We have a new member who's an Englishman buying an American car that was originally located in Japan. All it needs is for it to have served an ambassador in a faraway land such as Pakistan and we'll be golden in this international escapade.

                    In all seriousness, welcome to the forum! I know that with a good attitude and a desire to learn (which it seems you have) you'll do just fine in the Stude world. I myself just purchased my first car, a 1962 GT Hawk, a little over a year ago. I love every single angle and idiosyncrasy of her! Take a gander for yourself!
                    That is a gorgeous GT You must be very proud of her and rightly so!!
                    I've been looking around the members cars pictures thread. Not only are the cars stunning but the talent and skills the owners have is amazing.
                    Well, I could sit here all day and read through the various sections but work beckons. When I decided to go self employed I thought my working life would be a little easier........
                    Have a good day guys,
                    Steve.
                    The funniest thing about this signature is by the time you realise it says nothing important, it's too late to stop reading it.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Well not every Studebaker is dashing with flashy paint, even if I probably am the only one driving a car that looks like it ought to be sitting in a back yard... (Paint comes later)
                      There's a site called "Racing Studebakers" & there you'll find loads of struff to keep you from sleeping early at nights...
                      (& I'm surprised that no other English Studebaker owner has written here so far.)

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Nox's.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	1723616
                      sigpic

                      Josephine
                      -55
                      Champion V8
                      4d sedan

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
                        Well not every Studebaker is dashing with flashy paint, even if I probably am the only one driving a car that looks like it ought to be sitting in a back yard... (Paint comes later)
                        There's a site called "Racing Studebakers" & there you'll find loads of struff to keep you from sleeping early at nights...
                        (& I'm surprised that no other English Studebaker owner has written here so far.)

                        I use this comment a lot at car shows where some exhibitors tel me about how much their car is worth and how prices are rising etc etc.
                        It doesn't matter if your car is worth £500,000 or 500 quid. If you enjoy it and it puts a big smile on your face, that's priceless.

                        A good friend of mine is crazy about Morris Oxfords and owns four of them. They range from looking fairly rough to rough as a badgers a*se but they run like Swiss watches and drive so well you could use any of them every day. They are all totally original bodily and that's how he likes them. Horses for courses as they say.
                        The funniest thing about this signature is by the time you realise it says nothing important, it's too late to stop reading it.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by LarkingAround View Post
                          A good friend of mine is crazy about Morris Oxfords and owns four of them. They range from looking fairly rough to rough as a badgers a*se but they run like Swiss watches and drive so well you could use any of them every day. They are all totally original bodily and that's how he likes them. Horses for courses as they say.
                          I have to ask, which year/series of Oxford? Prewar?, MO, Series II or III, or the Farina-body examples? I once owned a 1962 Farina-body Oxford.

                          Craig

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                            I have to ask, which year/series of Oxford? Prewar?, MO, Series II or III, or the Farina-body examples? I once owned a 1962 Farina-body Oxford.

                            Craig
                            He has the MO. I did have a Farina MG Magnette which is very similar to the Oxford, Cambridge etc. Great cars for the everyday trundle.
                            The funniest thing about this signature is by the time you realise it says nothing important, it's too late to stop reading it.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Just posted this in my other thread so thought I would copy / paste it here too...

                              After a little time with my paperwork (and trying to work out Japanese) it seems my car was exported to Japan in 1990 and then to England in late 2016. The Lark was owned in Japan by the Chuo Jidosha Co LTD.

                              Another little snippet is the engine. It was pointed out that my engine has 4 bolt valve covers and oil filler pipe which indicates it being a 62 or older. This makes sense now as my car has a VIN beginning with S63 which I believe would make mine originally a 170ci six?
                              The funniest thing about this signature is by the time you realise it says nothing important, it's too late to stop reading it.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Since your Lark have the steeringwheel on the left side it couldn't been made for the japan market when it was new, unless it was for postman Pat...
                                sigpic

                                Josephine
                                -55
                                Champion V8
                                4d sedan

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X