Florin County, CA fire trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florin County, CA fire trucks

Ohh ouch! [xx(] Did you see the Black and White pic with the three firetrucks in front of the Station, the first on the left is the '51 Stude. then one that looks like an "M" Series Stude. and a COE GMC I think. No caption though!

I also noticed that the '51 has 2 '55 "Studebaker" hood side nameplates, very neat!

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Ohh ouch! [xx(] Did you see the Black and White pic with the three firetrucks in front of the Station, the first on the left is the '51 Stude. then one that looks like an "M" Series Stude. and a COE GMC I think. No caption though!

I also noticed that the '51 has 2 '55 "Studebaker" hood side nameplates, very neat!

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Florin County, CA fire trucks

Found this today. You'll cry when you see the Stude Firetruck hooked up to the tow truck
      http://www.smfd.ca.gov/florin_pictures.htm

Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Editor of "The Down Easterner"
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser

Comment

Would be interesting to hear comments from the various firefighters comparing the Mack and Studebaker units.

Frank Starr
        Seattle

Comment

Would be interesting to hear comments from the various firefighters comparing the Mack and Studebaker units.

Frank Starr
          Seattle

Comment

I think that on that website somewhere it said that the assistant fire warden owned a Studebaker dealership. In that capacity he he attempted to raise money for the fire department.

Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser

Comment

I think that on that website somewhere it said that the assistant fire warden owned a Studebaker dealership. In that capacity he he attempted to raise money for the fire department.

Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser

Comment

Actually, Florin is not a county in California. It is an area of Sacramento, apparently with it's own fire protection district.

If you click on the bottom photo in the first column, what kind of truck is that in the background (across the street)[?]

Also, very interesting Willys custom body units there in another photo. Don't recall seeing anything like that before. (I'm sure Leonard has a dozen more photos of similar units.[)])

KURTRUK
                (read it backwards)
                KURTRUK
                (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Actually, Florin is not a county in California. It is an area of Sacramento, apparently with it's own fire protection district.

If you click on the bottom photo in the first column, what kind of truck is that in the background (across the street)[?]

Also, very interesting Willys custom body units there in another photo. Don't recall seeing anything like that before. (I'm sure Leonard has a dozen more photos of similar units.[)])

KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)
                  KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                  X