Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many full package 1964 R-2 Daytona hardtops...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many full package 1964 R-2 Daytona hardtops...

...were built?
    I am going to help a man sell his and thought the number built would be useful.
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Paul, sell it to me and you can save yourself the effort...
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Paul, I have the numbers. Jeff

Comment

According to George Krem’s research, there were 108 Daytona hardtops with an R1 or R2 engines. There were only 48 R2 Daytonas. However, this last number would include Daytona hardtops, convertibles, four doors and wagonaires.

Comment

Originally posted by abkco View Post
          According to George Krem’s research, there were 108 Daytona hardtops with an R1 or R2 engines. There were only 48 R2 Daytonas. However, this last number would include Daytona hardtops, convertibles, four doors and wagonaires.
          I believe that those numbers are just for the engine option and do not represent the numbers for full package cars as was asked about.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

26 according to the book "Super Studebakers!" which is available from the Studebaker National Museum.

https://www.studebakermuseum.org/sto...kers-Monograph

Comment

Originally posted by 61Lark View Post
              26 according to the book "Super Studebakers!" which is available from the Studebaker National Museum.

https://www.studebakermuseum.org/sto...kers-Monograph
              Thanks for the info. Most of the package cars were probably Daytona hardtops, but some may have been "sleepers".
              Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
                Thanks for the info. Most of the package cars were probably Daytona hardtops, but some may have been "sleepers".
                I think there may have been more sleepers than Daytonas in the package version.

Comment

Working...
                X