X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 Hawk Add Real or Scam?

This looks really nice --

http://hotclassicdeals.com/details.php?id=1828

Ad gives mileage in kilometers even though car is in Pennsylvania.

I am not familiar with the site it is on -- anyone know this car or have familiarity with the site?
    Bill Jackameit
    1964 Challenger Wagonaire
    1964 Daytona Sedan
    Total of 10 Studebakers owned since 1961
    Bill Jackameit's Studebaker Page online since October 1995
    https://billstudepage.homestead.com/files/studpg.htm

sigpic

It is a nice appearing Hawk.
    I am not familiar with the site. I could not even find an address or telephone number for the company on the site, just a form to e-mail them. I would pass on trying to deal with them.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not familiar with the site. I could not even find an address or telephone number for the company on the site, just a form to e-mail them. I would pass on trying to deal with them.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Why plant overt negativity concerning this listing??.....why not fill out the listed form and wait to hear back from this entity? Could be many reasons no p/n is listed......give the "seller" some rope and see if he/she indeed hangs himself/herself.
      Originally posted by studegary View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Comment

Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
        Why plant overt negativity concerning this listing??.....why not fill out the listed form and wait to hear back from this entity? Could be many reasons no p/n is listed......give the "seller" some rope and see if he/she indeed hangs himself/herself.
        I have done that-- no reply yet -- ad says seller is a dealer not a private party.
        Bill Jackameit
        1964 Daytona Sedan

sigpic

Comment

That wold be my Holy Grail of Sudebakers. If only the "1" were removed from the price.
          1966 Daytona Sport Sedan - Richelieu Blue

Comment

It’s a SCAM guys. I inquired about a Red Champ they had listed on this site several months back. The story was the vehicle was in storage and the owner was working out of the country. They wanted me to wire the money to an escrow company who would hold it until the vehicle was delivered and I could inspect and approve payment on it. A google search of the escrow and transportation companies revealed they were non existent.
            Remember” If it sounds to go to be true it probably is.”
            Mike Kelly
            Regional Manager
            Texas
            1963 Lark Cruiser
            1962 GT Hawk
            1965 Commander 2dr v8 auto

Comment

Kind of what I thought but one can hope --

Originally posted by Mrkelly View Post
              It’s a SCAM guys. I inquired about a Red Champ they had listed on this site several months back. The story was the vehicle was in storage and the owner was working out of the country. They wanted me to wire the money to an escrow company who would hold it until the vehicle was delivered and I could inspect and approve payment on it. A google search of the escrow and transportation companies revealed they were non existent.
              Remember” If it sounds to go to be true it probably is.”
              Thanks for the info. That is what I thought -- too bad -- I'd love to have that car -- I won't waste any more time on it --
              Bill Jackameit
              1964 Daytona Sedan

sigpic

Comment

Here's a clue to possible fakeness. Notice beautiful palm trees in photo. I've been in PA many times and have never seen a palm tree there.

Comment

"Why plant overt negativity concerning this listing??"

Simple, there are now FAR toooooo many scams to give anyone who sounds the least bit "shady" the benefit of the doubt, imho. Sorry, and I certainly wish it were different as much as anyone... but, it's not.

Comment

do a google search on "hotclassicdeals.com", a lot of results talking about how its a scam.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
                      Buyer beware is the rule of the day. If you think otherwise pay for the car and let us know how it turns out...
                      Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
                        Buyer beware is the rule of the day. If you think otherwise pay for the car and let us know how it turns out...
                        Good one, Gary... BP
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                        X