Tacoma Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tacoma Roll Call

We are headed for Tacoma next week- who else will be there?
    Evan Davis
    Prince Albert, Sk

Joe and I had to forfeit this year. We won't be coming.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Heading down to Kalispell from Devon, Alberta Sunday. Trying to drive around the smoke and fires so avoiding BC interior route. Not sure if we will actually make it that far on day one but taking a couple of extra days to get to Tacoma for Wednesday noonish arrival.

Comment

I will be there from Sunday night until Saturday morning, as I will be attending all of the Antique Studebaker Club functions.
        George Rohrbach

Comment

There are currently 2,000,000 acres on fire on the west coast. Here's a current map of the smoke...

I've never seen anything like this in all my years on the west coast. I just got back from a 3 week road trip...Washington, Oregon, California...and never got out of the smoke.

Air quality index in Tacoma this morning is 183...rated unhealthy. Here in Bellingham it's 190. The sun is a just a big red ball.

Hopefully conditions improve by IM time, but if you have respiratory issues please check current conditions before leaving home.
          Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

We're hopefully heading out late Tuesday for a Wednesday PM arrival. This past weekend our BC weather cited that our air index was appreciably HIGHER than Beijing, China. More firefighters have been brought in from Eastern Canada (Nova Scotia) to assist. On Friday late afternoon while on our way home from town, we reported a wildfire which was just starting about 10 miles east of us. Fortunately they got it fully contained in just a few hours. Our tourism is in the tank because there is so much smoke. This is the third worst fire season EVER.
            It will be great meet all you guys and get away from this negativity. See you soon.
            Bill & Sonja

Comment

Here is a good site to follow for air quality updates...

https://wasmoke.blogspot.com/2018/08...oke-clear.html
              Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

to late to turn back now we will be there Tue. -Sat. 5 or maybe 6 of us. one from Australia.
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

We will be there Tuesday thru Saturday.Hope the smoke clears for us and the firefighters

Comment

Eight or ten members of the Los Angeles chapter will begin arriving between Monday and Wednesday and staying thru Saturday. See y'all there!
                    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
                    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
                    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
                    '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

Looks like taking Hwy 3 west when we get south of Calgary and crossing at Eastport, Idaho might be the best way out of Alberta. Let's hope that some of these fires settle down. I do know that A/C makes a fairly good air filter system. Later.

Comment

Should be there Wed PM- Sat PM.
                        Skip Lackie

Comment

Flying in Tuesday and leaving Saturday morning. See you all there.

Bob Miles

Comment

We drove in last weekend for Ladner car show , 1st car show I’ve been to that I knew not one car and have also seen a private collection , went south into Pt Roberts , think we’ll just stay up here in the Delta
                            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Flying in on Tuesday. Be there till Saturday.

Denny L

Comment

Working...
                              X