Studebaker and Lincoln in USA Today today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker and Lincoln in USA Today today

It has also been picked up by other local newspapers around the country.

Richard Quinn
    editor: Antique Studebaker Review
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

When I saw that thread title I thought maybe USA Today had done an article on me- being the world's only known Stude/Lincoln fanatic[8D]

For whatever reason, the header of the article loaded for me, but not the body.......

Oh well... maybe the article really isn't about me

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

When I saw that thread title I thought maybe USA Today had done an article on me- being the world's only known Stude/Lincoln fanatic[8D]

For whatever reason, the header of the article loaded for me, but not the body.......

Oh well... maybe the article really isn't about me

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Interesting story... and equally so as to why Clem Studebaker would want to display a rival manufacturer's product so prominently at his business establishment!?

<h5>Mark
        '57 Transtar
        3E-6/7-122
        </h5>
        Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander

Comment

Interesting story... and equally so as to why Clem Studebaker would want to display a rival manufacturer's product so prominently at his business establishment!?

<h5>Mark
          '57 Transtar
          3E-6/7-122
          </h5>
          Mark Hayden
          '66 Commander

Comment

Also notice that the restorer compared it to a foreign luxury car..... [xx(]

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Also notice that the restorer compared it to a foreign luxury car..... [xx(]

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Perhaps Clem thought people could compare the quality of Lincoln's carriage with that of Studebaker. In any case it was good to have a Presidential Carriage in their collection.

John Clements
                Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
                Lockleys South Australia
                John Clements
                Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Perhaps Clem thought people could compare the quality of Lincoln's carriage with that of Studebaker. In any case it was good to have a Presidential Carriage in their collection.

John Clements
                  Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
                  Lockleys South Australia
                  John Clements
                  Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

I'm glad that Lincoln's carriage is back in the Stude Museum.
                    I was dissappointed that I couldn't see it when I was there last June.
                    Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                    Smithtown,NY
                    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I'm glad that Lincoln's carriage is back in the Stude Museum.
                      I was dissappointed that I couldn't see it when I was there last June.
                      Rog

Smithtown,NY
                      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Clem Studebaker had the fore sight to purchase this carriage and several others for the Studebaker Corporation's collection as he recognized the historic value of it. I had the opportunity to see this carriage at Brian's shop in Carlisle las summer after the International Meet and what he was working with was a disgrace. The carriage is now more original than it has been in a very long time and worth a visit to the SNM to see it. One of the most interesting discoveries were Lincoln's Initial in GOLD LEAF on each carriage door. He also discover the original interior colors as those that were there were not ture colors and appeared to have been done by the Studebaker interior/upholstry folks in an earlier attempt to restore/conserve the carriage. he also discovered an unknown storage compartment underneath the horseman's seat. We should be proud/honored that this priceless piece of history is in the SNM as a driect result of Clement's foresite.

See you in the future as I write about our past
                        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Clem Studebaker had the fore sight to purchase this carriage and several others for the Studebaker Corporation's collection as he recognized the historic value of it. I had the opportunity to see this carriage at Brian's shop in Carlisle las summer after the International Meet and what he was working with was a disgrace. The carriage is now more original than it has been in a very long time and worth a visit to the SNM to see it. One of the most interesting discoveries were Lincoln's Initial in GOLD LEAF on each carriage door. He also discover the original interior colors as those that were there were not ture colors and appeared to have been done by the Studebaker interior/upholstry folks in an earlier attempt to restore/conserve the carriage. he also discovered an unknown storage compartment underneath the horseman's seat. We should be proud/honored that this priceless piece of history is in the SNM as a driect result of Clement's foresite.

See you in the future as I write about our past
                          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
                          X