Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us your classic tyre!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Show us your classic tyre!

    Hey everyone!

    I thought it would be fun to see your collections of classic tires! Got a ancient set of tires on your car or something even older in the boot?

    Here are the (soon to be replaces) K-Mart KS 100's that Sporting my car!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Tyre 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	1758368Click image for larger version

Name:	Tyre 3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	1758369Click image for larger version

Name:	Tyre1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	1758370
    Last edited by mitka88; 08-11-2018, 12:03 AM.

  • #2
    We don't got no "Tyres", but we do have some TIRES!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	64 Budd.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	1721731 I had 4 Montgomery Wards Department Store Tires from Nov. 29, 1996, but they're gone to Australia on my '64 Daytona Hardtop along with this Spare that I can't read the Brand on.
    All were Radial P205X75R15 narrow white.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 08-10-2018, 03:22 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

    Comment


    • #3
      How about a non-stude with Coker B.F. Goodrich Silvertones. It did become two Avanti's however.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	39 coupe.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	1721732

      Bob

      Comment


      • #4
        Looks like "Falken", Rich...?

        Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        We don't got no "Tyres", but we do have some TIRES!

        [ATTACH=CONFIG]74472[/ATTACH] I had 4 Montgomery Wards Department Store Tires from Nov. 29, 1996, but they're gone to Australia on my '64 Daytona Hardtop along with this Spare that I can't read the Brand on.
        All were Radial P205X75R15 narrow white.
        Mike Davis
        Regional Manager, North Carolina
        1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

        Comment


        • #5
          My recently purchased 50 Land Cruiser came with a variety of wide whitewalls, including a Coker Classic, but they were too weather checked to trust, so I replaced them with modern radials. Here's the Seiberling Safety that came in the trunk. Not a bit of weather checking and lots of tread left. As long as it stays in the trunk it should outlast me. Too bad it isn't a wide whitewall, as that's what came on the car from the factory.

          BTW, in the 70's my cousin from Akron, Ohio treated me to a tour of the Seiberling mansion, and it's worth the visit to see it.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	Seiberling 1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	1721733

          Comment


          • #6


            Goodyear - not sure what year...

            Comment


            • #7
              Crap...now I gotta go take pics of my rock hard casler cheater tyres ...I'm British so the spelling is correct . Tomato tamato whatever...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                We don't got no "Tyres", but we do have some TIRES!

                [ATTACH=CONFIG]74472[/ATTACH] I had 4 Montgomery Wards Department Store Tires from Nov. 29, 1996, but they're gone to Australia on my '64 Daytona Hardtop along with this Spare that I can't read the Brand on.
                All were Radial P205X75R15 narrow white.

                Seeing that nice paint, makes me want to paint mine! I think a coat of powder coat when I replace tires next time!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by lumpy View Post
                  Crap...now I gotta go take pics of my rock hard casler cheater tyres ...I'm British so the spelling is correct . Tomato tamato whatever...
                  Can't wait to see them old tyres!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
                    My recently purchased 50 Land Cruiser came with a variety of wide whitewalls, including a Coker Classic, but they were too weather checked to trust, so I replaced them with modern radials. Here's the Seiberling Safety that came in the trunk. Not a bit of weather checking and lots of tread left. As long as it stays in the trunk it should outlast me. Too bad it isn't a wide whitewall, as that's what came on the car from the factory.

                    BTW, in the 70's my cousin from Akron, Ohio treated me to a tour of the Seiberling mansion, and it's worth the visit to see it.

                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]74474[/ATTACH]
                    Well it's got Safety written on them! It would probably get you home if you get a puncture... Also you won't wait around to replace it for a new white wall again

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 62champ View Post


                      Goodyear - not sure what year...

                      Yess thats a classy tire! haha good pice of marketing all black = Executive

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        US Royal wide white, which was the spare in my '62 GT Hawk when I got it 30+ years ago, pic taken a year or two ago:

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	USRoyal wide white.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	1721738
                        Paul
                        Winston-Salem, NC
                        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          No pix, because I just sent them to the re-cycler. A pair of 7.00 x 16 Goodyears that had been on my 37 LaSalle since the car was built. Had been retreaded once during WWII. Still held air with decent tread and mild sidewall cracking. But hard as a rock.
                          Skip Lackie

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mitka88 View Post
                            Hey everyone!

                            I thought it would be fun to see your collections of classic tires! Got a ancient set of tires on your car or something even older in the boot?

                            Here are the (soon to be replaces) K-Mart KS 100's that Sporting my car!

                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]74469[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]74470[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]74471[/ATTACH]
                            I had dozens of "classic tires" until a few years ago when I gave up and took them to recycling (one of my less than smart buys). All I can show now is the original Firestone 500 in the trunk of my Avanti.
                            Attached Files
                            Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                            '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Two Pauls posted pictures of original spares that had some use. I had a low mileage 1963 Cruiser (27K miles) that had a spare that had never been used. One day, at work, this happened to come up in conversation with a few guys around. I didn't regularly drive the car. The next that I drove the car to work, it had a flat when I left work. I put the unused spare on, which of course damaged the bolt hole paint. After, I put air in the tire that I took off and it was fine which supports my theory that someone just let the air out of it. I never could figure out who did it. Life is too short to worry about it, but I have not forgotten the incident.
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

                              SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X