Turning Wheels article (sometime in 2005) about Hawk/Mercedes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning Wheels article (sometime in 2005) about Hawk/Mercedes

Sometime in 2005, there was an article written in Turning Wheels about the concept of an "upscale" Hawk that would resemble a Mercedes. Fiberglass fenders (and probably some other parts) were made and from what I understand, 3 'concept cars' were built. I have seen the article, but I no longer have that issue (nor do I remember what month of 2005 it was). Can someone help me determine what issue contained this article? THANKS!
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

"A Noble Vision-1959 Stude-Benz SL Prototype"
    January 2005
    Originally posted by brngarage View Post
    Sometime in 2005, there was an article written in Turning Wheels about the concept of an "upscale" Hawk that would resemble a Mercedes. Fiberglass fenders (and probably some other parts) were made and from what I understand, 3 'concept cars' were built. I have seen the article, but I no longer have that issue (nor do I remember what month of 2005 it was). Can someone help me determine what issue contained this article? THANKS!
    Last edited by Lou Van Anne; 08-10-2018, 12:56 PM.
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Comment

THANK YOU, Lou!!
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)

Comment

I have a copy if you need it.....
        THANK YOU, Lou!!
        Lou Van Anne
        62 Champ
        64 R2 GT Hawk
        79 Avanti II

Comment

Yes. How much do you want for it, Lou?

Comment

Here
            http://www.studebaker-info.org/TW/tw...w0105pp16.html
            64 GT Hawk (K7)
            1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Not for sale (I have a complete collection)....but I'd be happy to make a copy of the article....n/c.
              Yes. How much do you want for it, Lou?
              Lou Van Anne
              62 Champ
              64 R2 GT Hawk
              79 Avanti II

Comment

Great! Thanks Lou. Can you make a copy of the article and send it to me via email?

Comment

Did you see 64V-K7"s link....?
                  Great! Thanks Lou. Can you make a copy of the article and send it to me via email?
                  Lou Van Anne
                  62 Champ
                  64 R2 GT Hawk
                  79 Avanti II

Comment

I did not, but I just looked and that IS the article. I will print a copy for myself. Thanks to both of you!!

Comment

You're welcome.....I've received much help here myself....it's a great club isn't it!
                      Lou Van Anne
                      62 Champ
                      64 R2 GT Hawk
                      79 Avanti II

Comment

I did note an error in the article, it indicated Mr. Gutsue was restoring a 1940 Oliver orchard crawler. Oliver did not purchase the Cleveland Tractor Company until 1944, so his machine would be a Cletrac. It would also have been produced in Cleveland, Oliver's Battle Creek plant made threshing machines and such at that time.

While I have owned about 40 Studebakers, I have owned an equal or greater number of Oliver (and Cletrac) tractors and crawlers.
                        Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Working...
                        X