Ads from the North Star Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ads from the North Star Wheel

hbgrimley@gmail.comhttp://turbostude.com/Cadadvo@comcast.net (ends May).

FOR SALE - 1949 Studebaker 4-door Land Cruiser. Solid original running car. Needs restoration. Call for more information, pictures available. $5,000 OBO. Nathan Toland, Austin, MN 507-438-1259 (ends May).

WANTED - Taillight for a 1934 Dictator. I need the chrome bezel that holds the glass, will buy the whole housing if needed. ccmacbeth@bellsouth.net (ends May).

FOR SALE - 1959 1/2 Ton Pickup 4E, long box, 245 Big 6, 3 Speed with OD, new paint, all original, no rust, blue & white, $3,850. Norm Oestreich, 763-479-3966, okbranch@aol.com (ends May)

FOR SALE - 1950 Pickup. 1/2 Ton. Generally solid Dakota Truck. Not running. Good Base for a restoration project. Orginal 6 cyl and 3 speed. $2,000. Henry Votel 651-426-1610, gudim 1945@isd.net (ends May)

WANTED - I buy good used and NOS parts. Will clean out garages,groves,buy estates and left over parts from restorations. 1 part or a barn full. I'm interested. Also buy Studebaker literature and memorabilia. Call Bob@ 763-972-2218 after 5pm. (ends May).

FOR SALE - 1951 Tail lamp $100, trunk Lid Lock & License Holder $75, Clutch Pedal & Hillholder $75. Bob Parker, 651-731-6832 (ends May)

FOR SALE - 1950 Champion 4 Door. Base model. Interior and some floor shot. Pretty complete overall. Extra engine and some parts. Glass still in it. Does not run. Engine turns. $650 OBO. Vince Kromrey, Circle Pines, MN 763-213-6312 (ends Mar/Apr)

FOR SALE - 1953 Studebaker 1/2 ton. 350 SBC, 350 R Trans. Good Shape. Runs Great! $6,500 - 1949 2-1/2 ton Fire Truck. 1,375 miles. Restored. Runs Great $6,000 - Pictures Available. J. im McLeod, 651-442-8741 (cell), 651-770-6884 or DocDoc2@aol.com (ends Mar/Apr)

FOR SALE - 1951 Starlight Coupe. V*. Auto. Very Complete. Usual rust and deterioration. Still in the original assembled order. $500. Logan Reese, Hudson, WI. 715-386-9966 (ends Mar/Apr)

Henry Votel, Editor
    North Star Wheel
    North Star Chapter SDC
    www.northstarwheel.com
    Henry Votel,
    Forest Lake, MN
    Buying & Selling Studebaker Parts in MN & WI

Henry should I cancel my subscription to the North Star Chapter? Seems to me that I can read my favorite section here with the rest of the world for free prior to my copy coming in the mail.

Last fall I was excited to see a part for sale (supercharger) locally once I received my newsletter. I thought that I would finally save some money on shipping, get a chance to see the part prior to buying it and meet a local Studebaker guy. When I called on the part, I found that it was sold to someone a few days earlier in Missouri after seeing your posting of the North Star Chapter For Sale Ads on this site.

I thought the local newsletter was one of the benefits of joining the chapter. That was what I was told prior to joining. If that is no longer the case, please let me know so that I can look for other avenues to find local parts and cars. Thank you

Comment

Henry should I cancel my subscription to the North Star Chapter? Seems to me that I can read my favorite section here with the rest of the world for free prior to my copy coming in the mail.

Last fall I was excited to see a part for sale (supercharger) locally once I received my newsletter. I thought that I would finally save some money on shipping, get a chance to see the part prior to buying it and meet a local Studebaker guy. When I called on the part, I found that it was sold to someone a few days earlier in Missouri after seeing your posting of the North Star Chapter For Sale Ads on this site.

I thought the local newsletter was one of the benefits of joining the chapter. That was what I was told prior to joining. If that is no longer the case, please let me know so that I can look for other avenues to find local parts and cars. Thank you

Comment

Our local Chapter offers members the option of getting the monthly newsletter electronically... saves the Chapter a bunch of $$$'s in printing and mailing costs and you get it much faster! [^] (+ the pictures are in colour). []

<h5>Mark
        '57 Transtar
        3E-6/7-122
        </h5>
        Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander
        Zone Coordinator
        Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Our local Chapter offers members the option of getting the monthly newsletter electronically... saves the Chapter a bunch of $$$'s in printing and mailing costs and you get it much faster! [^] (+ the pictures are in colour). []

<h5>Mark
          '57 Transtar
          3E-6/7-122
          </h5>
          Mark Hayden
          '66 Commander
          Zone Coordinator
          Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

The North Star Chapter does the same but it comes in pdf format and being that I am on dial-up, it takes a very long time to download it and to get it to open. I am out in the middle of no where so while I get the benefit of a place to store my parts and cars, I am stuck with dial up.

Comment

The North Star Chapter does the same but it comes in pdf format and being that I am on dial-up, it takes a very long time to download it and to get it to open. I am out in the middle of no where so while I get the benefit of a place to store my parts and cars, I am stuck with dial up.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 58PackardWagon

while I get the benefit of a place to store my parts and cars, I am stuck with dial up.
                LOL!! My story exactly!!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 58PackardWagon

while I get the benefit of a place to store my parts and cars, I am stuck with dial up.
                  LOL!! My story exactly!!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I for one appreciate Henry doing this service for the rest of the SDC members. He doesn't do it every month, but I find it interesting to see what is available in nearby locations. It seems that 58Packardwagon it trying to discourage Henry from doing it but again...I APPRECIATE HENRY DOING IT!!!!!

Al Freese
                    Independence, Mo.

'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
                    '64 Daytona HT
                    \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
                    \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

I for one appreciate Henry doing this service for the rest of the SDC members. He doesn't do it every month, but I find it interesting to see what is available in nearby locations. It seems that 58Packardwagon it trying to discourage Henry from doing it but again...I APPRECIATE HENRY DOING IT!!!!!

Al Freese
                      Independence, Mo.

'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
                      '64 Daytona HT
                      \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
                      \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

I think that a good compromise would be a time delay. Do not post the ads online until a couple of days after the hard copy newsletter is mailed to dues paying chapter members.

Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I think that a good compromise would be a time delay. Do not post the ads online until a couple of days after the hard copy newsletter is mailed to dues paying chapter members.

Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                          X