Studebaker US6 Video - Australian CMF circa 1971

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker US6 Video - Australian CMF circa 1971

Really cool video loaded with Studebaker US6's assigned to the Australian Citizens Military Force (CMF). Film was done in 1971 according to the info included with it on YouTube. Shows Studebaker US6's in snow, dirt, mountains, etc. Looks like those guys were having fun!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebPPEfAYzMM

Click image for larger version

Name:	US6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1758343
    Last edited by r1lark; 08-07-2018, 04:25 PM.
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Cant belive those us6's did not have a locking diff on the front axle

Comment

Fishtailing in a US6. Now I've seen everything. The CMP's had a little trouble with 6 less tires but did you notice the machine gun opening on the RHD CMP's?
      The front duallies are neat too but I have never tried it. Owning one I can attest that they really do go just about anywhere, just not very quickly.
      Bill

Comment

Recall seeing many of these when doing my National Service in the Army in the late fifties at Bandiana near Melbourne. When we had our National Studebaker Meet at the 2007 Queensland gathering we had 16 of those US6 trucks on display during the Concours.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
        MELBOURNE.

Comment

What a cool video. I noticed the windshields were open during one of the those fishtailing episodes. I imagine those in the cab had quite a face full of dirt. Enjoyed seeing the narrow headlight Land Rovers as well.
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
          X