X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rcclark99
    replied
    Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post
    Starslight is run by a couple of teachers and this time of year is school start up. The are a great folks that care about our Studebakers. During the summer months, there is a fast response time. They will reply so take hope.

Ours vendors are all great and support the Studebaker and do use good. Vendors have a spot on the upcoming SDC Board meeting. Stay Tuned!

Bob Miles
    I understand Bob. Thanks for your response.

Leave a comment:

• 6hk71400
    replied
    Starslight is run by a couple of teachers and this time of year is school start up. The are a great folks that care about our Studebakers. During the summer months, there is a fast response time. They will reply so take hope.

Ours vendors are all great and support the Studebaker and do use good. Vendors have a spot on the upcoming SDC Board meeting. Stay Tuned!

Bob Miles

Leave a comment:

• rcclark99
    replied
    Originally posted by jackb View Post
    I wish you had joined us a few months ago..... I tossed 2 sets of recliners for Larks in great shape that no one wanted.... Sounds like you are a stock type guy. Starlight Studebaker might have your complete interior NOS. They are in CO, and have lots of original soft trim. Some interior operations will not install NOS stuff due to age, but some will. GL
    I am a stock type guy and I’m not. My ‘38 DB Sedan is stock and original but the Cutlass seats actually fit nicely in this car but could use freshening up. This is my old school hot rod. It was built that way by p.o. and that way it will stay. I did email Starlight about a carpet set but haven’t heard anything yet.
    Last edited by rcclark99; 08-09-2018, 11:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jackb
    replied
    I wish you had joined us a few months ago..... I tossed 2 sets of recliners for Larks in great shape that no one wanted.... Sounds like you are a stock type guy. Starlight Studebaker might have your complete interior NOS. They are in CO, and have lots of original soft trim. Some interior operations will not install NOS stuff due to age, but some will. GL

Leave a comment:

• rcclark99
    replied
    Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
    Wow! That's the long wheelbase model. Note the rear wing windows.
    Very nice.
    Yes Commander Eddie, It is a 1961 Cruiser model.

Leave a comment:

• rcclark99
    replied
    Originally posted by Pancho View Post
    Nice car! Love the skirts and pinstriping. When was that B/W photo taken? Was this car a period custom?
    Hi Pancho,

I'm not sure when the picture was taken. I know it was taken on Route 66 at the Odell, Illinois gas station. The car has been built by the p.o. in the old skool hot rod tradition (pre-muscle car) hence the lowered rear end, dual exhausts with glass-packs, fender skirts and pin striping. I love the look and will not change that look at all. So I guess that would be considered a period custom.

It needs a lot of interior work (seats are from a 1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais) but is rust-free and the engine has a total of 37,000 miles on it and a recent leak-down test was great.

Leave a comment:

• Commander Eddie
    replied
    Wow! That's the long wheelbase model. Note the rear wing windows.
    Very nice.

Leave a comment:

• Pancho
    replied
    Nice car! Love the skirts and pinstriping. When was that B/W photo taken? Was this car a period custom?

Leave a comment:

• rcclark99
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0999.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	1721684Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0998.JPG
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	1721683Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0995.JPG
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	1721685Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0996.JPG
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	1721686Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0997.JPG
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	1721682

Here's a picture of my new-to-me Lark. First time I've tried to post a pic so don't know if this will work or not.
    Last edited by rcclark99; 08-08-2018, 07:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rcclark99
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderations View Post
    Welcome to the flock, but be very cautious. It becomes habit forming and one just isn't enough, 2's only a pair, and then the collection process goes totally out of control.
    Thank you for the welcome. I know this hobby can be addictive. I have a 1938 Dodge Brothers Touring Sedan that I drive and show. Car is original and I've done about all I can do to it while still keeping it original so I needed a new project. This one will not be original but instead will be a little hot rod of sorts which I plan to drive much more. It'll see it's share of cruise nights and a show or two but going to finish it as I like without worrying about originality.

Mechanically it is all Studebaker ('63-289 V-8 and automatic) and seems to be rust-free. My changes will be pretty much cosmetic without changing the overall look or personality of the previous owner.

Leave a comment:

• rcclark99
    replied
    Originally posted by Pancho View Post
    Welcome. You’ll find yourself in good company here.
    Thank you for the welcome Pancho! I've always found car guys to be good company for the most part.

Leave a comment:

• rcclark99
    replied
    Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post
    By The Way, your car would not happen to be white with a green interior and factory correct 1961 AC? If so, I can fill you in on the history of the car before it went to the your area.

Bob Miles
    No Bob, It is not. I'm not up on my Studebaker colors yet but I believe this car was originally a light brown or tan color and the interior seems to be similar. As I study more I will be able to tell you exactly what color it was.

The interior is not what something my better half can live with for long so that is where we'll concentrate our efforts and resources first.

I'll do as much of the work as I can but a 71 years of age, I'm not as nimble as I used to be. New headliner will be first and that definitely is not something I'll attempt myself. We're going to meet with an interior guy today to set up a game plan and go from there.

And it does not have AC. Thanks for your question and your thoughts.
    Last edited by rcclark99; 08-08-2018, 08:10 AM. Reason: corrected wording

Leave a comment:

• Pancho
    replied
    Welcome. You’ll find yourself in good company here.

Leave a comment:

• 6hk71400
    replied
    By The Way, your car would not happen to be white with a green interior and factory correct 1961 AC? If so, I can fill you in on the history of the car before it went to the your area.

Bob Miles

Leave a comment:

• 6hk71400
    replied
    Originally posted by rcclark99 View Post
    I didn't buy it from someone there. It was brought to this part of the country a few years ago by someone in Wisconsin and was sold to me by a Studebaker addict who is now moving to the Arizona desert and can only take one hobby car with him. He's taking his Daytona HT so this one had to find a new home.
    Have the previous owner when he gets to Arizona look me up. I am in the roster.

Bob Miles
    Pacific Southwest Zone Coordinator 2018-2020

Leave a comment:

Working...
X