No announcement yet.

New to Club and Studebakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! That's the long wheelbase model. Note the rear wing windows.
    Very nice.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Pancho View Post
      Nice car! Love the skirts and pinstriping. When was that B/W photo taken? Was this car a period custom?
      Hi Pancho,

I'm not sure when the picture was taken. I know it was taken on Route 66 at the Odell, Illinois gas station. The car has been built by the p.o. in the old skool hot rod tradition (pre-muscle car) hence the lowered rear end, dual exhausts with glass-packs, fender skirts and pin striping. I love the look and will not change that look at all. So I guess that would be considered a period custom.

It needs a lot of interior work (seats are from a 1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais) but is rust-free and the engine has a total of 37,000 miles on it and a recent leak-down test was great.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
        Wow! That's the long wheelbase model. Note the rear wing windows.
        Very nice.
        Yes Commander Eddie, It is a 1961 Cruiser model.

Comment

I wish you had joined us a few months ago..... I tossed 2 sets of recliners for Larks in great shape that no one wanted.... Sounds like you are a stock type guy. Starlight Studebaker might have your complete interior NOS. They are in CO, and have lots of original soft trim. Some interior operations will not install NOS stuff due to age, but some will. GL

Comment

Originally posted by jackb View Post
            I wish you had joined us a few months ago..... I tossed 2 sets of recliners for Larks in great shape that no one wanted.... Sounds like you are a stock type guy. Starlight Studebaker might have your complete interior NOS. They are in CO, and have lots of original soft trim. Some interior operations will not install NOS stuff due to age, but some will. GL
            I am a stock type guy and I’m not. My ‘38 DB Sedan is stock and original but the Cutlass seats actually fit nicely in this car but could use freshening up. This is my old school hot rod. It was built that way by p.o. and that way it will stay. I did email Starlight about a carpet set but haven’t heard anything yet.
            Last edited by rcclark99; 08-09-2018, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Starslight is run by a couple of teachers and this time of year is school start up. The are a great folks that care about our Studebakers. During the summer months, there is a fast response time. They will reply so take hope.

Ours vendors are all great and support the Studebaker and do use good. Vendors have a spot on the upcoming SDC Board meeting. Stay Tuned!

Bob Miles

Comment

Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post
                Starslight is run by a couple of teachers and this time of year is school start up. The are a great folks that care about our Studebakers. During the summer months, there is a fast response time. They will reply so take hope.

Ours vendors are all great and support the Studebaker and do use good. Vendors have a spot on the upcoming SDC Board meeting. Stay Tuned!

Bob Miles
                I understand Bob. Thanks for your response.

Comment

Working...
                X